advice on schools in sunshine coast

howards

Good morning

We have just been granted our 189 visa and was wondering if anyone could help me out on the best schools state or private for an 11yrs and 14yrs around caloundra or buddina area? Also any advice on which areas would be best for us to rent a house? We are looking at renting a holiday rental for 3or 4 weeks In the first instance and then a short term rental until we find our feet any suggestions on where to find information ??

thank you

toni

My opinion although I live in Brisbane, is that the top half of the sunny coast is nicer than the bottom half for beach suburbs. (Above Maroochydore) Buderim is also nice inland a bit. I would love in coolum or Buderim personally.

oh dear no we haven't just going offer things we have read on forums etc any advice on a better place much appreciated???

Hi, I've been living in Caloundra since last December. My girl is only 4 and starting school after the summer. Most of the public schools have a good reputation, we have just enrolled at Meridan state college. There are also plenty private or catholic schools to choose from too. With regards to the area, Caloundra is a really clean, safe town with great beaches and parks - it is made for families. It is also far less touristy than the northern parts of the coast, noosa etc. And closest town to Brisbane. I suppose it depends on what you are after as a family. I personally think it's a great base to start with :)

Hi, we lived in cotton tree and my 11 year old son went to maroochydore primary school, he loved it from the first day, we had to move on due to the poor job market up there, so my advice would be to make sure you secure work first, good luck you'll love it

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Any reason you've chosen the Sunshine Coast? As Emmiejay says, the job market is tough there, and it's not realistic to commute to Brisbane - especially if you choose the Northern end which you're proposing to do.

The problem with the Sunshine Coast for work is that it's basically a collection of small towns and villages, and most work in Australia is in the big towns and cities.

Edited by Marisawright

• 3 months later...

Hi my husband has secured a position at the new sunshine coast hospital so myself, husband and 5 year old son are moving over from the uk in January. I have been looking at the schools and just wondered if anyone knows anything about maroochydore primary school or kawana waters primary school.

Thank you

Hi I hope this might help. We arrived in September and after looking around a few of the schools and their grades and ratings, we decided the best school in the area for our 11 and 14 year olds was Pacific Lutheran College. Although it's a private school , it is a lot cheaper than in the Uk. Plus it's 5 mins drive from the new hospital!