Duvet and duvet cover sizes

Backtoback

I've had no problem buying the same sizes - standard King, Double and Single.

I did buy my quilts in Asda and fly home with them the first winter here, just because they seemed to be shockingly expensive in Sydney! If you can compress it (vacuum?) I'd say it's worth bringing. Assuming you're not moving to Queensland or somewhere where it'll be too warm.

Its the fitted sheet size is slightly off I think. I don't have Aus bought duvets or covers for them as brought from UK but have bought fitted sheets since being here

. Slightly bigger fit but fine if you tuck down well.

Eta - decent quality bedding, covers and towels cost a small fortune here. Crazy prices.

Edited by Guest
eta

I've found UK double is the same as Aus double, UK Kingsize is the same as Aussie Queensize.

Not quite, there's a few centimetres difference. Not something you really notice for a flat sheet, for instance, but in a fitted sheet it makes a difference. In doona covers you might find the doona is a bit folded over at one edge, or that there's spare material.

The sizes are slightly different but the only thing you really notice with are the fitted sheets. We currently have a UK single fitted sheet on an Australian single bed and an Australian Queen fitted sheet on a UK king size bed. They both work but the UK sheets on the Australian beds are a bit of a squeeze where as the Australian sheets on the UK beds fit quiet nicely. We have a UK duvet and UK duvet covers for our bed and they don't fit that great to be honest but the Australian single duvet cover on the UK single duvet fits really nicely.

We've got an Australian king sized bed, and our UK super king stuff fits on fine. The fitted sheet is a bit of a squeeze but not a real problem. There's something awry with our duvet size vs duvet cover size, but I suspect that's just us 'making' things fit so we didn't have to keep shelling out on new stuff, when we had better things to be doing with our money! If all else fails, Kmart and Target have some great designs for not too much, but I still prefer to keep my nice M&S stuff going until it needs replacing.