Partner Visa after divorce

Avenger123

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I want to apply the partner visa for my wife who is in India.

I got my skill visa in Oct 2014. I visited Australia 2 times for a short period but in Aug 2016

I will move to aus permanently. I have a few queries please clarify

1) I was a divorcee when got the skill visa in 2014. I was married with a Canadian citizen. It was a registration marriage only. I declared my marital status (divorcee) in my skill immigration also. But did not impact my application. I got the visa.

Now I got married in January 2016 with an Indian girl of same religion, arrange marriage by following proper rituals. I want to apply the partner visa after I reach Australia in august 2016. Can my previous marriage impact this partner visa ?

2) Do I have to show any balance ?

3) Can I apply online ?

4) Can I apply for her tourist visa after submitting the Partner visa online ?

1- As long as you did not provide false information in your application in 2014, No

2- No

3- Yes

4- Yes, but might - or might not - be granted.

What do you mean by a false information in my skill immigration profile. I myself honestly mentioned about my marital status there which I could hide easily as it happened in Canada. But I did not do that. I was concerned that in my wife's partner visa application it might impact. But based on your reply I am little relieved.

Do I have to share that old marriage and div certificate. I was thinking to do that only if the CO asks for because this is not my application my wife is the main applicant. what do you guys say ?

What do you mean by a false information in my skill immigration profile. I myself honestly mentioned about my marital status there which I could hide easily as it happened in Canada. But I did not do that. I was concerned that in my wife's partner visa application it might impact. But based on your reply I am little relieved.

Do I have to share that old marriage and div certificate. I was thinking to do that only if the CO asks for because this is not my application my wife is the main applicant. what do you guys say ?

I don't know why you assumed I am insinuating that you weren't honest. My answer simply meant that since you were forward and truthful there should be no impact, so no worries

You will need to prove you were divorced finally before your current marriage if you apply as husband and wife, you don't need it if you apply as de facto, however de facto would not be possible without living together for some time first.

I don't know why you assumed I am insinuating that you weren't honest. My answer simply meant that since you were forward and truthful there should be no impact, so no worries

You will need to prove you were divorced finally before your current marriage if you apply as husband and wife, you don't need it if you apply as de facto, however de facto would not be possible without living together for some time first.

Thanks a lot mate for your explanation on everything and suggesting me to upload the files upfront.

But do you know how to upload the video files of our marriage online. Is it possible ?

Thanks a lot mate for your explanation on everything and suggesting me to upload the files upfront.

But do you know how to upload the video files of our marriage online. Is it possible ?

Photos showing you with family members/guests/friends would be more than sufficient. The department officers have no time to sift through long videos :)

Photos showing you with family members/guests/friends would be more than sufficient. The department officers have no time to sift through long videos :)

Hello Guys, should I take help of an agent or should I go ahead and apply on my own. I dont know if my case is complicated or not ?

Hello Guys, should I take help of an agent or should I go ahead and apply on my own. I dont know if my case is complicated or not ?

That's up to you. Some people see agents as costly and useless, however, agents can save you time and money by avoiding pitfalls a non-professional MIGHT fall in

You know my case in short. Do you think my case is complicated to organize properly without the help of an agent ? I mean only red flag or whatever my case has is the previous marriage. Rest is simple, same religion and caste marriage, arrange marriage with all proper rituals, age difference of 5 years and etc.

You know my case in short. Do you think my case is complicated to organize properly without the help of an agent ? I mean only red flag or whatever my case has is the previous marriage. Rest is simple, same religion and caste marriage, arrange marriage with all proper rituals, age difference of 5 years and etc.

Religion and Caste are none of anyone's business in Australia, and the department would be way out of its jurisdiction to judge a marriage by such factors.

I wouldn't be able to judge your skills in submitting the visa, the required documents, and interpreting requirements. Some people need an agent, some people don't.

can I even sponsor my wife's PR as I will be just going to australia in August and will apply the partner visa in October. Is there any condition that I have to stay for 2 years in australia before apply. After the partner visa I will apply for visit visa.

Do you know one of the best agents in Australia ? how much they will charge ?

can I even sponsor my wife's PR as I will be just going to australia in August and will apply the partner visa in October. Is there any condition that I have to stay for 2 years in australia before apply. After the partner visa I will apply for visit visa.

Do you know one of the best agents in Australia ? how much they will charge ?

No requirement to spend 2 years.

I am an Agent (check my signature)

Hi Guys,

I want to take a furnished studio apartment after reaching Australia. Is it ok to show the immigration department for me and my wife ? or it has to be a 1bhk at least.

even a small granny flat would be fine for a couple without children.

studio is fine

even a small granny flat would be fine for a couple without children.

studio is fine

Hi All,

I created my rent agreement when I was not married. But now I need to show evidence of my wife's stay in my address. That place is not my native. So I stayed there for 6 months only with my wife. please give me some suggestions what proofs can be shown for her.

Hi All,

I created my rent agreement when I was not married. But now I need to show evidence of my wife's stay in my address. That place is not my native. So I stayed there for 6 months only with my wife. please give me some suggestions what proofs can be shown for her.

Hi Guys, any suggestion