189 visa delays?

Hi! So...everything's done and we're waiting for our visa to be (hopefully) granted! Our medicals were uploaded on 11th June and we had an email from our agent last week (Via DIBP) saying they're not processing any more in this financial year as they've come close to the top end of the numbers, so they'll start processing again from 1st July. I can't seem to get ANY idea about possible time lengths - does anyone have any ideas whether we're likely to be waiting weeks/months from this point? I'm a mental health nurse.

Thanks! Lou x

This is an annual occurrence and demonstrates why it is important to submit with as many points as you can obtain. The issue is that in stopping considering new applications a backlog is created. This allows the imigration department to pick those first who have the highest points submissions meaning those with lower points have to wait maybe a further month or two.

This happened when we applied, being accepted in my profession after a 1 month delay. I submitted with 85 points.

S

I've been waiting since Jan/Feb 2016!

Me, my husband and 19yr old son, I'm a nurse with 65 points , sent 3 X form 80 and form 47a for my son dependency along with loads of evidence for his dependency.

I'm hoping to hear in July so we can start planning.. Our agent keeps staying that its imminent but that's been for the past two months!

Really fed up waiting but know there are others who have been waiting longer.

Me, my husband and 19yr old son, I'm a nurse with 65 points , sent 3 X form 80 and form 47a for my son dependency along with loads of evidence for his dependency.

I'm hoping to hear in July so we can start planning.. Our agent keeps staying that its imminent but that's been for the past two months!

pretty sure Iv seen invites and grants after yours on here ? Wonder what's up. Thought it was pretty speedy at the moment

Oh my god really??? Some people seem to be getting theirs through literally within days so there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it does there? I wonder if it's because your son's 19 so that complicates things a bit? (Absolute guess work...no idea if that's the case!)

Keeping fingers crossed they get a move on now! :) xx

Oh my god really??? Some people seem to be getting theirs through literally within days so there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it does there? I wonder if it's because your son's 19 so that complicates things a bit? (Absolute guess work...no idea if that's the case!)

Keeping fingers crossed they get a move on now! :) xx

I know we are thinking it's more likely my son's fault!

Fingers crossed we will hear this month.