EOI for 190 and 489 Help

Daniel127

Dear friends on the forum,

I am going to apply for EOI next week. But i am not sure what occupation i should use. I have sucessessfull assessment for General Accountant and External Auditor. I have 55 points and have relative living in designated area.

I am thinking applying 3 EOI:

1. 190 NSW SS with External Auditor

2. 489 family sponsor with External Auditor

3. 489 family spnsor with general accounting.

i am not sure which occupation i should go for between External Auditor and General Accounting? The Occupation ceiling for Account is: 4777 and external auditor is 1413. Have any ideas about 3 EOI above? Could i apply 3 EOI at the same time? And time frame to receive the invitation.

appreciate any reply!

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Same position really, have a relative in a designated area and going in as an accountant. I have not applied for a 489 as yet, but put in my EOI in Dec with 65 points, so i am in a bit of pickle - do i go for the long wait and hope for the 189 or do i put in another EOI for 489

My only concern is how long it takes to get invited on 489 family sponser, does anyone have a time frame?

@Daniel127, the ceiling for accountants is down to 2500 i think external auditor is about 1200, to be honest the minimum requirement to get a 189 is about 70 points, there is about an 8-9 month back log for 65 points and who knows for 60 points, this is for a general accountant. Is there anything you an do to increase your points eg: better english test score?