EOI invitation can I now book my Medicals ?

howards

Hi everyone. We got an invitation to apply for a 189 and are just waiting on some forms to come back before we lodge our visa application . Can we book our police checks and Medicals now so that we upload them with the applications im thinking maybe this will speed up visa process. ?? Any advice would be appreciated thanks

Hi everyone. We got an invitation to apply for a 189 and are just waiting on some forms to come back before we lodge our visa application . Can we book our police checks and Medicals now so that we upload them with the applications im thinking maybe this will speed up visa process. ?? Any advice would be appreciated thanks

Hi there, I recently spoke to Spire Healthcare (approved by the Australian Government's Department of Immigration) and was advised you cannot go ahead and book your medicals until you receive notification from the Department of Immigration - after you have submitted your visa application (we are also 189). You will be assigned a case number and will need this to book your medical and then the results are electronically uploaded by the hospital onto your application.

Hope this helps.. there will be others who are more in the know than me, but thought I'd share with you what I know..

Hi there,

i recently received my 189 skilled migrant visa (10th June).

I booked my medical and applied for the police check on line even before the invite.

When I actually applied for the visa, I uploaded the details into the immi account along with the ilets test result and the rest of my documents.

I hoped led this would save time. I wasn't expecting any issues with the health or police check and obviously I did these as my own cost if I hadn't then got the invite.

I needed the HAP Id number for the medical. I got this when I registered for an immi account.

Police check - http://www.acpo.police.uk/

EOI 29th April 2016 – 65 points skilled independant 189

Invite to apply 10th May 2016

Visa application 13th May

Medical 8th April 2016 £250 – Bloods, Chest x-ray, eye test, urine sample and basic medical exam

Police check – ACRO, completed on line £80 for 2 working days service 10th May

Debs :jiggy:

Edited by Debs

Hi there,

I booked my medical and applied for the police check on line even before the invite.

When I actually applied for the visa, I uploaded the details into the immi account along with the ilets test result and the rest of my documents.

I hoped led this would save time. I wasn't expecting any issues with the health or police check and obviously I did these as my own cost if I hadn't then got the invite.

I needed the HAP Id number for the medical. I got this when I registered for an immi account.

Medical 8th April 2016 £250 – Bloods, Chest x-ray, eye test, urine sample and basic medical exam

hi Debs

congrats on your visa, that was fast between application and them granting. Thanks for explaining could I just ask did you go with an agent or alone? Who did you book your medical in with and is it easy to open an immi account?

Hi there,

ps I can't seem to open the link for the police check don't suppose you have a website reference

thanks again

Hi, the immi account was fairly easy to set up although it asks for security questions and it's important not to forget your password.

I applied without a migration agent so this is feasible, but I spent a lot of time trailing through the immigration website ensuring I'd covered everything.

When applying for the visa I found referring to the document checklist is really useful.

For the medical there is a list of places that you can go to around the country.

I went to the Bridge Clinic in Berkshire. I rang to make an appointment and they helpfully seemed familiar with the process. The hap ID then linked this to my immi account. They don't give results on the day but after I printed the e medical information sheet and uploaded when applied for visa. Before the medical I also completed the health declaration tick list.

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-

Hi, the immi account was fairly easy to set up although it asks for security questions and it's important not to forget your password.

I applied without a migration agent so this is feasible, but I spent a lot of time trailing through the immigration website ensuring I'd covered everything.

When applying for the visa I found referring to the document checklist is really useful.

For the medical there is a list of places that you can go to around the country.

I went to the Bridge Clinic in Berkshire. I rang to make an appointment and they helpfully seemed familiar with the process. The hap ID then linked this to my immi account. They don't give results on the day but after I printed the e medical information sheet and uploaded when applied for visa. Before the medical I also completed the health declaration tick list.

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-

brilliant thanks for your help

• 2 weeks later...