One way flight

Lisababy

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are emigrating to Australia next year, April hopefully as we have permanent visas (189) and I have just gained AHPRA but now need to look at one way flights. We have used Skyscanner and come across Virgin Australia but have no experience of these (log haul)

Does anyone else have any experience or views on these?? Also who has been the best airline to fly with?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are emigrating to Australia next year, April hopefully as we have permanent visas (189) and I have just gained AHPRA but now need to look at one way flights. We have used Skyscanner and come across Virgin Australia but have no experience of these (log haul)

Does anyone else have any experience or views on these?? Also who has been the best airline to fly with?

Thanks,

Tom

That will be a code share flight, Virgin don't fly to Europe.

Etihad are very good. From this month they've upgraded the Abu Dhabi to Melbourne leg to an A380 (London to Abu Dhabi already was an A380). There are shorter connections than 3hr 35 but Abu Dhabi is a comfortable enough airport with free wifi.

We would be flying from Manchester and likely to Sydney. I seen on a forum that someone had booked with VA but ended up getting on an Etihad plane.

Tom

If the flight number has 4 numbers in it (e.g. VA7018) rather than 3 then it's a codeshare flight and you're actually flying with a different airline. As amibovered posted earlier Virgin Australia don't fly to Europe.

PS VA7018 is actually EY18

Edited by Ken