Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Title
      Liked
      6 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Nifa77 View Post
      Hi Missyell, can you offer any information about PSS, I have just had them at my property to quote us for our big move to Brisbane. We have had 4 other companies to quote too and other than price they all seem to be very good. Hope you're move is going well.
      thank you
      Likewise, we are in the same boat and have quotes from PSS, Bournes and John Mason which are comparable and we now need to choose who to go with. I am definitely using Letton Percival for insurance, we just need to choose a mover now! I guess my question after all this would be, given the same situation, would you use PSS again?

Subclass 190 | 261313 | IELTS 8.5/8.5/8.5/9 | ACS 27 May '14 | SS 24 Oct '14(VIC) | EOI 4 Nov '14 | Invitation 10 Nov '14 | Lodged 20 Nov '14 | Granted 4 Mar '15 | Moving 25 May 2017

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Nifa77 View Post
      Hi Missyell, can you offer any information about PSS, I have just had them at my property to quote us for our big move to Brisbane. We have had 4 other companies to quote too and other than price they all seem to be very good. Hope you're move is going well.
      thank you
      Hi Nifa

Sorry for the delayed reply been so busy trying to get organised for the move. I can't advise on post delivery as we haven't received our container yet however I can't fault PSS so far, they have been great with communication at every stage, they packaged our house up promptly and professionally and have really been great to deal with all round. Have u decided on a company to go with yet? I've taken insurance with PSS which the OP has had a bad experience with but I can't offer any advice on that yet, I'll update once we have had our delivery. We sent our stuff via shared container (as we were planning on heading out later than a sole use one would arrive) that was on the 16th of Nov and it docked in Melbourne on the 12th Jan so much quicker than expected. PSS provided us with tracking info so we could keep up to date with where it was. It's now waiting to clear customs which is going to take a bit longer than usual as it's a busy time of year apparently, were not due out for another fortnight tho but will keep u posted x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      660 times
      Rep
      Do remember that name of these companies are franchised. So Britannia removals in Kent are not the same as Britannia removals in Manchester for example. They obviously have a company profile and guidelines but quality can and does vary! Same as with Costa Coffee franchises.

Main thing is to ask the right questions and get things in writing. Ask which ship they will place your cargo on and the shipping schedule for example. Some can take weeks longer. We paid a bit more for a quicker ship. Also ask when it will sail. They would have picked up our stuff two weeks before they did if I hadn't discussed this with them. If sharing a container ask in detail how this will be done, do they have a time limit for shipping etc.

Make sure the schedule is at your convenience not theirs, they will not lie ( or at least they should not) but they can be economical with their information.
      So many wineries ......so little time

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      4762 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Missyell View Post
      Hi M1cha3la, so sorry to read about your experience ! We shipped our container mid Nov with PSS and took out insurance through them, we were originally going with a third party but they price matched and we thought - if the insurance is with them as opposed to third party surely they will take more care with the goods - they offered us pairs and sets which I was adamant we needed as we had just bought mirrored bedroom furniture so if one piece was damaged we wouldn't be able to replace it, our container has just docked and will be out in two weeks so fingers crossed everything is ok, if not though I was just wondering if you have any advice on the most efficient way to make a claim? TIA x
      Hi @Missyell, I am so sorry for the late reply. I have not had chance to get on here much lately. Sadly there is only one way to make a claim, another huge form . We contacted PSS initially and then they pass you through to the insurance company who email out the form. They will want all your proof of purchases ect so maybe dig those out. We refused to give them most of ours as our policy was sold/based on a % value of new replacement in desitination country (it even said that on our application form) so I couldn't see why my reciept from 5 years ago for a sofa was relevant. This was our main argument with them for the miss-selling of the policy.

Also our case officer only worked 2 days a week and no one else will look at your case, which is another factor that slowed ours down, so ask for a case officer that works full time.

Hopefully you will not need to use them but if you do just stand firm with them. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

Edit, I just realised, you should have all your stuff now. Did it all arrive safely? X
      Last edited by M1cha3la; 05-02-2017 at 02:12 AM.
      Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave..........

• John Mason International Movers

•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123