Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Title
      Liked
      71 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by M1cha3la View Post
      Hey guys, I thought I would pop back onto this thread with an update.

We recieved our things on Thursday, so 7 weeks door to door. Our things arrived in Aus on the 27th, cleared on the 1st and got delivered on the 4th, not to shabby at all. None of our things were opened, not even the shoes or garden stuff. A little dissapointing after I spent hours cleaning and a small fortune on Jayes cleaning fluid, guess customs were just in a kind mood that day Kent relocations did the delivery on behalf of PSS and I am told by hubby that they were ok. They unpacked and assembled the big things, but did not unpack any of the small things. That said there was about 70 boxes, so who can blame them

Unfortunately after unpacking and examining everything over the weekend we have found that we have quite a few damages, so our next step is dealing with the insurance. We took insurance out with PSS as they assured me their insurance was easier to deal with if we needed to claim, we will see. I will keep the thread updated as we progress and on a positive note, I have my bed back
      Nightmare with claim... Hopefully people read this and take heed.. We insured through letton Percival at a fraction of the price of Anglo Pacific quote... Happy to say claim was put in paperwork returned and money deposited into our Australian account. The only delay we encountered was through ourselves returning the claim and pictures. Fingers x it all goes thru soon and no hassle x

309/100 applied 24/12/14, CO allocated Jan 15, further info supplied Jan.. , police check August 2015, medical 21/09/15......309/100 granted November 2013, landed in Brisbane 7/1/16

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      35948 times
      Rep
      We used Crown for one of our moves and they didn't care one bit, used every excuse under the sun not to payout. we used Suncorp for insurance and they were fantastic. I still had to pay to get someone to come out and confirm to them that the goods were damaged, our sofa was damaged with mould and they had to agree it couldn't be steam cleaned. Then they asked me to go and get quotes on replacements, so I went to Harvey Norman and they have an insurance quote form they use. So we told them what we wanted and they wrote it down and Suncorp paid out. I'm not sure if Suncorp have stopped their transit insurance now but it was fantastic.

I hate insurance companies though, my son had his phone stolen in Bali the insurance refused to pay out because it had a different sim in, for goodness sake it's the phone that was insured not the Sim
      If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      575 times
      Rep
      I've worked with neurone companies all my working life, very little wrong with what they sell, just we don't read what we buy and therefore ignore their conditions or exclusions.

S
      Thames Migration appointed Jun 12 and 189 Visa granted Jan 13. Landed Sep 14 and roots being quickly established. Brisbane, what an amazing place with incredible opportunity.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      4762 times
      Rep
      So I thought I would pop back on this thread to give it an update. We have finally settled with the insurance company, 4 months after receiving our goods and lodging a claim. It has been nothing short of a nightmare and we have been pretty close to taking them to court for the misselling of the policy. Thankfully my hubby has been stubborn enough to fight it to the end and knows what he is talking about so we have come out with 95% of what we expected, which considering it started at around 20% is no small feat. I won't go into too much detail (its boring) but as a summery:

- The policy was sold as a full replacement policy with the premium being a % of the replacement cost for brand new in destination. The insurance wanted to pay out based on original purchase price - depreciation for each year of age.

- The policy was sold as an insurance policy, it was actually an indemnity policy.

- We had to have external companies come in to assess and quote the damage and state it was from shipment at our own cost and submitt to insurers and claim back the expenses.

- All insurance figures discussed and sold were in GBP but insurance has been paid in AUD (with current exchange rate, we have obviously lost out, not a big deal in the grand scheme but still).

- The customer service was shocking from the insurance (see previous post) and the shipping agents where no where to be found when it came to requiring the transit paperwork proving the damage was not pre exisiting.

All in all I would estimate hubby has spent a good three weeks on the phone chasing down our claim and we have a crazy phone bill to show for it, but at least it is now settled, it has taken over 4 months. Thankfully most of our damage was cosmetic (I will post some pics) and the goods were still usable. If they had been fully broken we would of had to pay out upfront for new whilst waiting.

Anyway I guess the purpose of this post is to hopefully warn others to be super carefull when purchasing insurance. Make sure you get all upfont sales pitches in writing and read the policy 100 times. Our shippers would not provide a policy document despite us asking several times but they assured us time over that we were covered. We thought we would be safest using the shippers insurance and sadly this did not turn out to be the case and has been a lesson learned for us.

Additionaly, when your things are being packed make sure they double wrap the big things, so much attention is given to the fragiles that the big things get overlooke and that is where we got most of the damage.
      Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave..........

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      4762 times
      Rep

Title
      Liked
      10888 times
      Rep
      Sorry to hear about your insurance claim.

For others reading, I'd always suggest going with an independent insurance such as Letton Percival or Insure Your Move. Not using the shipping companies own insurance or taking a policy out with them. This is because in event of a claim the shipping company often drag their heels and can be a pain to reach a settlement with. An independent will be faster and less hassle all round. The amount of times I've heard the horror stories of people using a shipping company insurance and having to really fight for a claim. Claims via the independents seem to have far less problems if needing to claim.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      4762 times
      Rep

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      4762 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by snifter View Post
      Sorry to hear about your insurance claim.

For others reading, I'd always suggest going with an independent insurance such as Letton Percival or Insure Your Move. Not using the shipping companies own insurance or taking a policy out with them. This is because in event of a claim the shipping company often drag their heels and can be a pain to reach a settlement with. An independent will be faster and less hassle all round. The amount of times I've heard the horror stories of people using a shipping company insurance and having to really fight for a claim. Claims via the independents seem to have far less problems if needing to claim.

Thank you We are just glad its finally all sorted.

I agree 110% for going with an independent insurance company. Ours was sold as being easier as it was all "under one roof". Not true at all
      Last edited by M1cha3la; 14-12-2016 at 12:18 PM.

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Hi M1cha3la, so sorry to read about your experience ! We shipped our container mid Nov with PSS and took out insurance through them, we were originally going with a third party but they price matched and we thought - if the insurance is with them as opposed to third party surely they will take more care with the goods - they offered us pairs and sets which I was adamant we needed as we had just bought mirrored bedroom furniture so if one piece was damaged we wouldn't be able to replace it, our container has just docked and will be out in two weeks so fingers crossed everything is ok, if not though I was just wondering if you have any advice on the most efficient way to make a claim? TIA x

Title
      Liked
      16 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Missyell View Post
      Hi M1cha3la, so sorry to read about your experience ! We shipped our container mid Nov with PSS and took out insurance through them, we were originally going with a third party but they price matched and we thought - if the insurance is with them as opposed to third party surely they will take more care with the goods - they offered us pairs and sets which I was adamant we needed as we had just bought mirrored bedroom furniture so if one piece was damaged we wouldn't be able to replace it, our container has just docked and will be out in two weeks so fingers crossed everything is ok, if not though I was just wondering if you have any advice on the most efficient way to make a claim? TIA x

Hi Missyell, can you offer any information about PSS, I have just had them at my property to quote us for our big move to Brisbane. We have had 4 other companies to quote too and other than price they all seem to be very good. Hope you're move is going well.
      thank you
      Offshore partner visa (309/100) Submitted online 06/06/16 Case Officer assigned 13/07/16 Police check submitted 29/07/16 Medical uploaded 06/08/16 309 and 100 visa granted 26/10/16

• John Mason International Movers

•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast