UK Politician murdered.

Parley

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sickened, I saw this first thing this morning and just wept. I grew up in the Kirlees area. Sure there were grumpy old buggers being casually racist, which was stupidly less frowned upon in the 70s/80s, but not this kind of atrocity.

Seemingly this is a product of the emotions stirred up by the EU referendum, and is a shocking manifestation of the divide among the UK population now. Whether the guy is purely mentally ill or just got carried away with his BF affiliation, this is highly disturbing and an extreme act of hatred.

Edited by paisleylass

According to BBC world news, the perpetrator was known to police, had a history of mental illness, and an interviewed bystander stated that the perpetrator was shouting "put Britain first" which means that he doesn't necessarily have to be a member but a spokesman for the group wouldn't confirm or deny . He was also had links to a South Afrrican Neo Nazi group apparently. Another nut job that has somehow managed to lay his hands on a gun!

That's the spin they are trying to put on it because it certainly suits the narrative. At this stage, who knows?! Poor woman just doing her job. It is utterly senseless and tragic.

What do you mean Quoll ?

The media states he has neo-nazi links . http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-17/jo-cox-alleged-killer-tommy-mair-had-neo-nazi-links/7520362

Why are you suggesting conspiracy theories ?

Thomas Mair, alleged killer of British MP Jo Cox, was a longtime supporter of the neo-Nazi National Alliance.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2016/06/16/alleged-killer-british-mp-was-longtime-supporter-neo-nazi-national-alliance

Mair’s brother, Scott Mair, told the Daily Telegraph that Thomas “is not violent and is not all that political”.

“He has a history of mental illness, but he has had help,” Scott Mair said.

Separately, the newspaper reported that Mair was a subscriber to SA Patriot, a South African magazine published by a pro-apartheid group with an editorial stance against multiculturalism. — AFP

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/world/article/alleged-killer-of-british-mp-was-neo-nazi-supporter-video

According to BBC world news, the perpetrator was known to police, had a history of mental illness, and an interviewed bystander stated that the perpetrator was shouting "put Britain first" which means that he doesn't necessarily have to be a member but a spokesman for the group wouldn't confirm or deny . He was also had links to a South Afrrican Neo Nazi group apparently. Another nut job that has somehow managed to lay his hands on a gun!

There was a suggestion the gun was home made.

There was a suggestion the gun was home made.

There are suggestions in the press that this will stop the leave campaign in it's tracks.

I understand people not wanting to associate themselves with the ugliest side of this debate.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/16/jo-coxs-tragic-death-may-halt-pro-brexit-momentum-analysts-say.html

Edited by newjez

I'm sure most people would have made up their mind by now on how they will vote in the referendum.

This is a very shocking act but I'd be surprised if millions of people change their vote because of it.

It will be impossible to know anyway.

I do suspect too that this poor lady may inadvertently become the saviour of the Remain campaign - this terrible incident may well swing the undecided.

Although the Vote Leave voters would condemn this murder and completely disassociate it from their campaign, one does wonder if the whole hype around it may have somehow played a small part in that deranged man's actions. I guess we will eventually find out. Personally I feel really angry with David Cameron for calling this referendum if he was so viciously opposed to the option of leaving the EU. It has caused so much upset and argument between even the best of friends and closest of families, not to mention the embarrassing public scrapping of those leading the campaigns. Why didn't Cameron just have the balls to stand up and fight for a better deal for the UK with Brussels in the first place. He is such a loser and if we do remain in the EU I have no confidence in him having a say in anything.

I'm sure most people would have made up their mind by now on how they will vote in the referendum.

This is a very shocking act but I'd be surprised if millions of people change their vote because of it.

It will be impossible to know anyway.

I was close to undecided, leaning slightly towards remain. Just had a leave brochure come through the door. It reads like vitriol. Bad taste in the mouth. You need one or two percent to make up their minds. It's all over red rover. Pointless even going through with the vote. I've bought back my shares. Didn't time it as well as you.

This is all over bar the shouting. We remain.

I personally feel that throughout history that there have been extremists who have whipped up the mob by appealing to the worst sides of people's nature and then have variously been appalled at the results of their populist exploitation or have ridden the wave to where they wanted to be.

I am not saying that in this case this was a deliberate intention on the part of the leave campaign but they should have had more sense than use immigration as the backbone of their campaign knowing from history how inflamed people can become.

Farage today has been accused of copying a Nazi propaganda poster, it makes one wonder as to how much lower this can go, do they have no moral compass.

I personally feel that throughout history that there have been extremists who have whipped up the mob by appealing to the worst sides of people's nature and then have variously been appalled at the results of their populist exploitation or have ridden the wave to where they wanted to be.

I am not saying that in this case this was a deliberate intention on the part of the leave campaign but they should have had more sense than use immigration as the backbone of their campaign knowing from history how inflamed people can become.

Farage today has been accused of copying a Nazi propaganda poster, it makes one wonder as to how much lower this can go, do they have no moral compass.

Maybe they could photo shop the nazi cartoon Jews to make them look a little more like Muslims?

There are suggestions in the press that this will stop the leave campaign in it's tracks.

I understand people not wanting to associate themselves with the ugliest side of this debate.

Which infers how little intelligence the average voting punter has, to lump the actions of a clearly absolute nutter, as being somehow something to do with Brexit.

Shocking news.

Seemingly this lady was murdered by a British First right wing extremist.

Highlighting the sad death of a woman going about her job for political point scoring is pretty sad.as in why say he was far right?he maybe was but do not tarnish everyone who has a leaning to right wing thinking.like anyone with the right mind wouldn't blame all Muslims for all the terrorist attacks in the last two decades. And sadly there has been a lot of those around the world in the name of......!

Highlighting the sad death of a woman going about her job for political point scoring is pretty sad.as in why say he was far right?he maybe was but do not tarnish everyone who has a leaning to right wing thinking.like anyone with the right mind wouldn't blame all Muslims for all the terrorist attacks in the last two decades. And sadly there has been a lot of those around the world in the name of......!

I don't think it works like that. The guy was white. You don't blame all white people. But you do blame all far right nut jobs. If you are embarrassed about being a member, then maybe an inward look is overdue.

And of course the irony is that a large number of those terrorist attacks, if not the majority were committed by the far right.

Edited by newjez

Which infers how little intelligence the average voting punter has, to lump the actions of a clearly absolute nutter, as being somehow something to do with Brexit.

There's the rub! It is very hard to have an intelligent debate on immigration without some nutjob with a skinhead and swastika tats grinning madly and gesturing to come aboard the hate boat.

Edited by newjez