anyone shipped 2 cats?

Hi,

i think by the time you are all done with permits, flights, quarantine and maybe an internal flight to your final destination in Australia you are looking at about £2500-£3000 for both cats.

If you are going to do this, then make sure you start the rabies work early - it needs starting at least 7 months before the flight, so you dont incur any extra cattery costs in UK before you leave.

If you want to know anything else then have a look here: https://www.petairuk.com/taking-pets-to-australia/cats-australia

Cheers

Bob

I have started the process and are shipping mine in October.

For two cats it works out approximately

Vet Bills: £400 need to get rabies 7 months prior to flying

Flights £2500. - this does depend on their weight and what box you get - or if you supply your own. I have gone gold with Pet air - you could get cheaper.

Quartaine fees £1500 - depending on exchange rate - (could increase dramatically if we leave EU)

So all up using pet air gold service for two cats £4400

Its a big decision to make.

Edited by The Raillys
formatting

Hi,

i think by the time you are all done with permits, flights, quarantine and maybe an internal flight to your final destination in Australia you are looking at about £2500-£3000 for both cats.

If you are going to do this, then make sure you start the rabies work early - it needs starting at least 7 months before the flight, so you dont incur any extra cattery costs in UK before you leave.

If you want to know anything else then have a look here: https://www.petairuk.com/taking-pets-to-australia/cats-australia

Cheers

Bob

Does this include the quarentine fees? it's much cheaper than I thought, I was thinking this price per cat.

Hi, sorry, i did not include quarantine fees.

Permits, vet checks, crates, flights - approx £2400

Quarantine (1500AUD per cat) - around £1500 for both cats

Rabies work - around £150 per cat - £300

Internal flight (you may or may not need this) around £400

Total - £4600.

This is a more accurate total cost and The Raillys above has got the same thing. And as they said you can get it a little cheaper if you arrange everything yourself, but you end up saving less than you think.

• 1 month later...
I have started the process and are shipping mine in October.

For two cats it works out approximately

Vet Bills: £400 need to get rabies 7 months prior to flying

Flights £2500. - this does depend on their weight and what box you get - or if you supply your own. I have gone gold with Pet air - you could get cheaper.

Quartaine fees £1500 - depending on exchange rate - (could increase dramatically if we leave EU)

So all up using pet air gold service for two cats £4400

Its a big decision to make.

How did your cats cope?

Hi,

Cheers

Bob

How much would it be to have to the 2 cats shipped together as they're inseparable and the older cat gets stressed if he hears the kitten meowing or crying.

How much would it be to have to the 2 cats shipped together as they're inseparable and the older cat gets stressed if he hears the kitten meowing or crying.

Hi,

Yes this can be done and comfortably - the cost would be exactly the same as the kennel would be the same size and the requirements as mentioned above. We can build a travel kennel that is separated by mesh - this gives them the best of both worlds. Their own definitive space but also the added benefit of being 'together'.

We have the mesh there as a precaution as it's such a long way that it's not worth risking siblings/best of friends falling out - even if that is unlikely.

Best,

• 1 year later...

Hi Bob, I have two cats I would want to ship, will ask Vet to do rabies blood tests next week.

Can I ask if they could be in separate crates for travelling? 

Is there anything else I need to ask VET for? I have proof of injections being up to date, flea and worm up to date and they are both chipped

Many thanks

Saffy (and her two furr babies!)

My daughter shipped both cats with Pet Air from Scotland to eventually Brisbane. She has nothing but highest praise from the time they were picked up (in a larger double cage) to when she picked them up at Brisbane airport.  They even organised the flight, after the short quarantine period, to Brisbane. 

• 3 years later...
On 30/01/2018 at 22:07, BobPetairUK said:

Hi Saffy

Sorry for the late reply.

Have a read of this: https://www.petairuk.com/destinations/australia/taking-cats-australia

We can fly them in a double crate with mesh divider or two separate crates - it costs the same.

Key things is to get the rabies work done early, it needs starting at least 7 months before you want them to travel.

Thanks for the tips! Do you also ship to/from Canada? If not, do you know anything about Cargolution cat transport?