Timing between first contact and visa grant

gypsyowl

Hi again,

Does anyone know the average time it takes for a Temp CPV to be granted after immigration makes the initial contact (once they are actually working on one's application), if background check is already completed?

Thanks,

owl

I applied for the Temp CPV in July 2014 but have heard nothing from immigration since they received the application. Originally I was told it would take 24 months for granting. I also understand that now the timing is 25 or 26 months. For me, next month - July - will be my 24th month. I'm wondering if I shouldn't have heard from them by now, given that the 26 month will be September.

So my question is "how long does it take from the time they contact me for health check, police clearance, etc until the visa is granted?" My work contract and apartment will both discontinue at the end of August and if the visa is not granted by then, I'm trying to figure out the best place to be while I wait for the visa and for how long it might be. I have already received my police clearance (in the US we call it an FBI Background Check.)

Edited by gypsyowl
adding info