100 things to do in Tassie before you die!

Bound4Tassie

I still can't see the baby in the cradle on Cradle Mountain and neither can my oh. I keep hoping I'll find something on the internet where someone has drawn the outline on a photo but surprisingly, no one seems to have ever done it.

Edited by Marisawright

I still can't see the baby in the cradle on Cradle Mountain and neither can my oh. I keep hoping I'll find something on the internet where someone has drawn the outline on a photo but surprisingly, no one seems to have ever done it.

Cradle Mountain was named after its resemblance to a gold mining cradle.

Cradle Mountain was named after its resemblance to a gold mining cradle.

Aha! What does a gold mining cradle look like?

Our tour guide when we were in Tassie said it was a baby in a cradle - just shows how gullible people are, as others in our group were going "oh yes I see it!" while hubby and I were going , "huh?"

Aha! What does a gold mining cradle look like?

Our tour guide when we were in Tassie said it was a baby in a cradle - just shows how gullible people are, as others in our group were going "oh yes I see it!" while hubby and I were going , "huh?"

Never trust a tour guide! My husband and his friend took a group of Japanese girls to see the Little Penguins ( who thought they were tour guides from the backpackers...wrong end of wrong stick and a language barrier there!)....anyway....took them on a bush walk and saw some little creature eg numbat or something and told them it was a "furry mountain penguin"!

And our tour guide in Scotland told the Americans that Scots all had porridge piped to the house so they have it on tap!! Lol!

Never trust a tour guide! My husband and his friend took a group of Japanese girls to see the Little Penguins ( who thought they were tour guides from the backpackers...wrong end of wrong stick and a language barrier there!)....anyway....took them on a bush walk and saw some little creature eg numbat or something and told them it was a "furry mountain penguin"!

And our tour guide in Scotland told the Americans that Scots all had porridge piped to the house so they have it on tap!! Lol!

Surely not all year round though, I was told it was when the Haggis were out of season!