Baby Strollers in Australia

ProudmuminUK

My daughter and son-in-law are expecting their first child (and my first grandchild!) in early November. At the moment they haven't been looking into baby equipment such as strollers, cots etc... but very soon I'm sure they will become obsessed with buying for the baby! I have offered to buy the pram - or stroller - for them.

I live in the UK and not sure what the best brands are in Australia to look out for... in the UK it used to be traditionally Silver Cross for instance...

I'm keen to start looking on the internet but not sure what brands to focus on, I will then report back to the parents-to-be so they can go and check them out.

My daughter is happy for me to start the search, it's her way to include me as I'm so faraway - so I'm not being 'pushy mum'!!

If anyone can advise, I'd be very grateful... I'm very excited about the new baby, and have already booked my plane ticket!

Thank you!

Hi

I had a quick google and found these sites you may find useful,, have fun looking and congratulations to your daughter.

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/pregnancy/prepare-for-baby/best-new-prams-of-2015-20160125-gmd9o2

http://babyology.com.au/out-and-about/10-best-prams-and-strollers-of-2015-a-babyology-half-year-roundup.html

We have Babies R us in Toys r us just like the UK, so you could see if they stock the same items and maybe even pop to your local store and check prams etc out too.

Cal x

We had (still have) a baby jogger city mini for number two. Fantastic.

Light but sturdy.

Birth to walking.

One hand fold.

Folds flat.

Not cheap, but, it'll do two.....

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by dmjg

An online brand you can look at is Reds Baby. They go to some of the expos, but are an online only brand - so keep costs lower as no shop overheads. Australian run company, check out the online reviews as they're really good. I have one of these and love it... great price too. Prams are so expensive here! We needed a replacement part a couple of weeks ago and the customer service was excellent, they had it in the post within 24 hours!

Thank you all for your replies (and photographs :-) ) I will follow up on the links provided - and thank you for the tip to buy in NZ! I think the brief is to have a model that is lightweight, manageable for one person/one hand, and can be used in the car.... it's all very high tech these days compared to the Maclaren folding pushchair I had back in the 80s!

I hope you don't mind if I post more questions in the near future re baby .... I follow the Pomsinoz forum avidly as, strange as it might seem, the posts around migration and living in Australia helps me to understand the difficulties that my pair may encounter, and helps me see things from different perspectives - and I've surprised them a number of times with my knowledge about visas!

:hug:

My daughter and son-in-law are expecting their first child (and my first grandchild!) in early November. At the moment they haven't been looking into baby equipment such as strollers, cots etc... but very soon I'm sure they will become obsessed with buying for the baby! I have offered to buy the pram - or stroller - for them.

I live in the UK and not sure what the best brands are in Australia to look out for... in the UK it used to be traditionally Silver Cross for instance...

I'm keen to start looking on the internet but not sure what brands to focus on, I will then report back to the parents-to-be so they can go and check them out.

My daughter is happy for me to start the search, it's her way to include me as I'm so faraway - so I'm not being 'pushy mum'!!

If anyone can advise, I'd be very grateful... I'm very excited about the new baby, and have already booked my plane ticket!

Thank you!

Cant help you with strollers as I never had one but I'm good for slings and backpacks LOL. Got a load of good grandparental knitting patterns too, if you are interested! Fun times huh!

Thank you Quoll.... I'm not sure my knitting skills are up to anything more that a holey scarf! Seems like we're not a million miles away from each other if you're in Cambridge UK... are your grandchildren in Australia?

I'm not sure how I'll feel the day I leave Sydney after spending two weeks with the newborn....something I'll need a stiff upper lip for I suspect.

Thank you Quoll.... I'm not sure my knitting skills are up to anything more that a holey scarf! Seems like we're not a million miles away from each other if you're in Cambridge UK... are your grandchildren in Australia?

I'm not sure how I'll feel the day I leave Sydney after spending two weeks with the newborn....something I'll need a stiff upper lip for I suspect.

I am indeed in Cambridge UK. Have 2 grandkids in Australia and one in UK. You get used to it - won't say is easy but it is possible not to get too enmeshed and you survive better that way. It's a small step from holey scarf to baby blanket as I discovered with the first munchkin - couldn't knit for toffee 9 years ago! It's sort of in the grandma duty statement LOL

I used a Steelcraft interchangeable capsule system; the baby carriage doubles as car capsule and clicks into the wheelie base so you can take a sleeping baby in and out of the car without disturbing it. Wouldn't use any other type now.

I am indeed in Cambridge UK. Have 2 grandkids in Australia and one in UK. You get used to it - won't say is easy but it is possible not to get too enmeshed and you survive better that way. It's a small step from holey scarf to baby blanket as I discovered with the first munchkin - couldn't knit for toffee 9 years ago! It's sort of in the grandma duty statement LOL

I'm not far from St Ives... Perhaps I'll give the blanket a go....it will certainly astound my daughter that I made something by my own hands!

Thanks again for all your replies, I've done some research and sent a few links to D and SIL, all they've got to do is 'test-drive' a few!