Advice for First time booking flights

stevej

Hi everyone,

we are going to book flights to Perth soon and have never booked flights before that were not part of a package holiday. We have found flights on sky scanner and cheap flights.co.uk and was wandering if anyone had any tips on what to look out for such as extra charges etc. The one we have found is with Etihad stopping at Abu and comes out at £1176 return for 2 adults.

Any advice ice would be much appreciated.

Steve

I did a return trip over Easter and flew with Etihad. Found them really good. I was a bit worried as I had checked reviews before I went and found many negative. Me and my 15 year old son had no problems at all. Food ok, entertainment very good and no delays. I've done the trip with many airlines over the years and would put BA, Qantas, Emirates and Singapore Airlines at the top. I've done the lower ones like Royal Brunei and the difference is clear. You get what you pay for. I would put Etihad very slightly behind the best but only a little bit. I would certainly have no hesitation using them again. For me they are a very good price and are much better than the lower standard ones of similar price. We had the same stopover too and airport very good. There should be no extra charges. All food and drinks are included. I always take some crackers/cereal bars in case we don't like what comes out or are asleep when it does. That said, you can ask them at anytime for a snack or a drink. I hope that helps

Edited by Tulip1

Personally i'd avoid BA they were dreadful the last time we used them. Qantas aren't much better either. Emirates are the best we've used by far.

You can usually go right the way through the booking process to nearly the end before you are asked to put any payment method in, and until you do that the flight is not booked and you're not committed, so you should be able to work your way through the website's booking procedure and find out if they add anything extra on, before you actually need to pay. Some add on a credit card surcharge, some - although I think this has been cut down on a bit - add on taxes.

I tend to like to book direct with the airline via their own websites as I find the prices are pretty close. Then as we pick airlines we can choose seats to at the point of booking we do so.

I'd check seatguru.com re the plane type so you can see the seat plan and other facilities on the flights.

Thanks for the advice guys. Flights booked with Etihad through sky scanner for October. Spoke to Etihad direct and confirmed meals and seats. We are going via Abu Dhabi. From what I've read we don't need a transit visa so all should be good.

Thanks for the advice guys. Flights booked with Etihad through sky scanner for October. Spoke to Etihad direct and confirmed meals and seats. We are going via Abu Dhabi. From what I've read we don't need a transit visa so all should be good.
Be interested to know what you think of the airport. Never been to that one.