Shout Some Cities/Towns To Me

gregc

Hi

So its always been WA WA WA WA and now people keep saying new south wales

If you were a builder

Didn't have stacks of cash.. but some

Didn't want a Queensland climate and wanted to be quite close to the beach

Where would you think of going ?

I have no idea about New South Wales, apart from, Sydney is double expensive.

Thankyou

Hi

If you were a builder

Thankyou

Australia NSW doesn't have cities and town in the same way as the UK does, a "city" might have 20 thousand people for example. An awful lot of it is is unpopulated too, most people do live around the edges and so getting to a beach is not generally problematic, although living walking distance to a beach will push up housing costs a lot.

After Sydney, I think the only other place you are likely to recognise s a city in NSW, is Newcastle. I think this is a great place to start looking, the housing costs will be only a fraction of Sydney and you will have easy access to beaches, wine in the Hunter Valley and indeed only a couple of hours from Sydney for odd trips. I would move there in a heartbeat.

Hi

If you were a builder

Thankyou

I grew up in Hornsby heights. It is a truely beautiful area, and last I checked you could buy a house without selling a kidney.

I would still come to Perth as a builder mate. Still lots going on. If you are really set on going over East though Newcastle is a decent spot. Not a bad City and good beaches close by. Very close to Nelson Bay and Port Stephens, which is beautiful. Don't know how it would be for work though.

Wollongong. Lots of beaches, train to Sydney or drive in 90mins, close to the Southern Highlands which are lovely. Not cheap but more affordable than Sydney (where isn't?!). Large employers such as hospital and Uni + other mainly public sector.

Edited by vickyplum

What about the Illawarra generally? There is Wollongong as mentioned above, or Helensburgh which is slightly further north but slightly inland (although it is easy enough to reach the coast from there by car), or slightly further south there is Kiama and Nowra. There are plenty of little towns along that coast which I would think would be more affordable than Sydney.

Thankyou everybody for your replies

I love studying the geography and coastline of oz and even though I have been twice, I simply cannot get over the sheer size of the place.

I kind of know WA but know nothing about or ever been to NSW so thankyou guys, and ill enjoy researching the places mentioned.

You do notice the difference in property price between WA (bunbury not perth) and NSW though and for a working class guy, who is only on the first rung of the property ladder in the UK that means everything.