Owning a Volvo

2beaks

I've kept a Volvo in the UK for years and really like it. If I buy one in Sydney will the dealers hold spares or, at worst, does it take months to complete an annual service? Any Volvo experiences welcome.

Volvo is sold freely here. There are quite a few dealers in the big cities.

I don't think you will have any trouble at all getting your car serviced.

Thanks for this. What I was hoping for was a response from actual Volvo owners on what it's like day-to-day.

Thanks for responses so far - and that one from Canberra was very impressive! Are there any more actual owners who can say what owning one is like day-to-day in NSW?

Why would it be any different to owning any other type of car ?

I think there are lots of other things you would be better spent worrying about.

I've kept a Volvo in the UK for years and really like it. If I buy one in Sydney will the dealers hold spares or, at worst, does it take months to complete an annual service? Any Volvo experiences welcome.

We've got a 14-year old XC90 in Canberra and wouldn't be without it. Just ordered a few new bits (rear reflector and windscreen wipers). The wipers came straight from stock and the reflector had to be ordered in - it arrived the following day but they'd ordered the wrong side so had to re-order - that came the following day. Needless to say, if it ain't in stock then they have it within 24 hours. For anything that doesn't need new parts we've always had Ike's Motors in Philip do small repairs/servicing.

I also spent a year working in Sydney and had a fantastic dealership (Purnell Motors, 990 King Georges Rd, Blakehurst NSW 2221) and they went as far as storing my car for me (as the service was finished a day after I left the UK) until I returned 3 weeks later - unbelievable service

Thanks for responses so far - and that one from Canberra was very impressive! Are there any more actual owners who can say what owning one is like day-to-day in NSW?

I think the stigma of owning a Volvo has gone in most countries. It's not like the bad old days.