Sunshine coast newbies,teenagers settled now need coffee/Wine

Hi all, well been here just over 3 weeks and loving it. Hubby and I both nurses. Teenagers perhaps not completely settled but getting there. So now just need to catch up for a natter and coffee if anyone up for that let me know. Katy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi, we are moving to Mooloolaba on sept 13th and have a 13 year old daughter. Where abouts are you? We'd love to meet some newby's like us in Oz when we arrive.

Hi Jocelyn,

How exciting for you nearly here. Mooloolaba is a great place to arrive to. We are not far away,presently renting in Buddina. It would be lovely to catch up when u arrive. Do you know what school your daughter is starting in? Well you will be arriving at the start of some beautiful weather. We haven't been here for a Summer yet are a bit anxious re humidity but we do love it. If there is anything we can help with let us know. Katy

Hi Katy, thanks for the reply. Our daughter is going to Matthew Flinders in October, which I think is in Buddina. We're renting in Mooloolaba for 3 months in holiday accomodation, then we will find somewhere more permanent. I'll be looking for a job in a hospital as soon as we're settled, as I work in hospital labs. How old are your kids? Do they like their schools?

We have never been to Mooloolaba but we've been nearby on the Sunshine Coast last Christmas, and weather was gorgeous so can't wait to grab some sunshine. Jocelyn

Jocelyn,

Our children are 14 year old boy and 16 year old daughter. They attend Mountain Creek High School and enjoy it. Mooloolaba is a great place to start your trip, a real holiday destination. I work in the local hosp so give me a ring when u get here if u need any info. Happy flight. Katy

Thanks again, yes will certainly get in touch as soon as we arrive. I'm glad your kids settled well, I hope our daughter does too, it's my biggest worry, well that and getting jobs! We really struggled to pick a school, knowing so little about the education system in Oz , but our friend from the uk who has been there 18 months suggested Matthew flinders. Did you get jobs before leaving the uk? It's much easier for nurses as you're much more sought after than lab staff! although when we there at Xmas I was offered a post, so hopefully I should get something. Jocelyn

• 3 weeks later...

sorry to jump on this thread, we are looking at moving to Sunshine Coast and also looking at Matthew Flinders or NCC.. would love feedback..

also need a performing arts/dance school for my daughter..?

we are looking at Woombye or Bli Bli area.. are there any areas to avoid with children?

thanks guys!

sorry to jump on this thread, we are looking at moving to Sunshine Coast and also looking at Matthew Flinders or NCC.. would love feedback..

also need a performing arts/dance school for my daughter..?

we are looking at Woombye or Bli Bli area.. are there any areas to avoid with children?

thanks guys!

The Sunny coast is a gem, hardly any places qualify as no go zones :P

My wife would most likely like to meet up during the daytime with any other ladies on here. We're newish here in the Sunny coast (8 months). We live in Brightwater and kid goes to Brightwater school. Matthew Flinders is supposedly a great school @Jocelyn Scully , all the big bosses at work send their kids there :P

Your wife would be very welcome to join us on dog walk and coffee. A dog isn't a prerequisite. Just ask her to PM contact details.

Hi Katy, spoke to you a few weeks ago, and said I'd get in touch when we arrived. We got here on Monday, and you're right it's very beautiful. Our 13 year old daughter is struggling already and misses her friends, any suggestions? We're missing people too but if she was settled we'd be happy. Went to see her new school on Thursday and that looks great so maybe when she starts there she will settle better, fingers crossed. Is you want to meet up for coffee, that'd be great. Jocelyn

The Sunny coast is a gem, hardly any places qualify as no go zones :P

We have literally arrived this week and missing home too, would love to meet up and make new friends. Our 13 year old daughter is particularly struggling, till she starts school she won't meet anyone. Matthew flinders looks great, we've met the teachers and headmaster and they're all very friendly. Jocelyn

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, my family and I have just arrived too on the sunshine coast and am living in the mhdjimba area at the moment. I have a twelve year old daughter and nine year old son, like yourself my daughter is struggling at the mone. We are looking to enroll her into maroochdoore state school. Would love to meet up if you fancy it. Michelle

Edited by yinyan

Hi Michelle, lovely to here from you. We're very close by in Mooloolaba, and would love to meet up. Have you got a mobile yet? My number is 0467 223215. Possibly meeting up with another family from pomsinoz tomorrow or weekend so it'd be lovely to all meet together. Are your kids at school? Our daughter started this week and seems to be ok. If you can't ring, just get in touch through pomsinoz again. Jocelyn

• 2 weeks later...