carpenter looking for sponsorship jobs for 457 visa in Perth area.

Joe mangle

Hi there.

37 year old Pom ,city and guilds qualified carpenter looking for sponsored job leads in Perth area WA.

looking to make the move from England.. House sold and ready for the challenge.

preffered work area city beach or scarbourgh but to be honest will travel anywhere in WA to make this happen.

just returned from a 4 week recce of WA and fell in love with oz!!

So any links or leads to make me a Pom in oz would be appreciated.

thank you

Hi there.

37 year old Pom ,city and guilds qualified carpenter looking for sponsored job leads in Perth area WA.

looking to make the move from England.. House sold and ready for the challenge.

preffered work area city beach or scarbourgh but to be honest will travel anywhere in WA to make this happen.

just returned from a 4 week recce of WA and fell in love with oz!!

So any links or leads to make me a Pom in oz would be appreciated.

thank you

Joe is there any reason you are choosing this more complicated, difficult and uncertain route?

Skilled migration is a far simpler route than trying to find a sponsor, which is particularly difficult in trade occupations. Is there some reason you are deliberately not considering this or are you just not aware of it?

Hi,

thanks for reply

from my travels and taking advice off people I met I was advised that there are a lot more 457's handed out than pr's

and that it would probably make sense to get a 457 and get working then go for pr especially since the recent downturn.. Although I don't think I've seen so much building work going on whilst on my recent travels in Perth area!

i am posting here to gather advice and information so thank you for yours.. Do you think I should just go to a agent?

Hi,

thanks for reply

from my travels and taking advice off people I met I was advised that there are a lot more 457's handed out than pr's

and that it would probably make sense to get a 457 and get working then go for pr especially since the recent downturn.. Although I don't think I've seen so much building work going on whilst on my recent travels in Perth area!

i am posting here to gather advice and information so thank you for yours.. Do you think I should just go to a agent?

I have no idea in numbers, but a lot of people that do secure 457 visas are already in Australia on another visa or work for an international company and have transferred or otherwise used contacts. There will be few that have managed to secure a sponsor from overseas from simply applying for jobs cold and fewer still in the trade occupations that have manged to do it.

If you meet the criteria for a skilled migrant visa, then you will get it. I am sure if you do go to an agent they will also recommend skilled migration because they cannot help you find a sponsor for the 457. So it is up to you if you think you would prefer to pay the extra money for an agent, this is persinal choice.

First, are you aware that a 457 is just a temporary visa and the chances are you would have to return at the end of it - up to 4 years.

Second, it is very hard for trades to get 457's as most are self employed so don't qualify and companies that do employ, may not pass the criteria - not every company can sponsor and even those that can, often wont.

A 457 also comes with a lot of issues - most importantly, it is tied to the employer and if you lose your job, you only have 90 days to find another company willing and able to sponsor, or leave the country.

Also, you don't mention if you have any family or partner in tow, but there are significant issues if you do

I certainly would not have sold your house at this point. It could take many months - if ever - to find a sponsor. Though even if you go through skilled migration, it is not a quick process - allow at least months

Hi,

thanks for reply

it seems the information about the 457 I have received is not good information for my situation.

looks like I'll have to enquire about the skilled migrant visa. Only wish I would have made this happen years ago on a whv when I was young enough and before it got harder. Although expensive I'll probably go with a agent to make this happen.. If not oz it will be somewhere else and defiantly not England!!

Thanks again for advice

Hi,

thanks for reply

it seems the information about the 457 I have received is not good information for my situation.

looks like I'll have to enquire about the skilled migrant visa. Only wish I would have made this happen years ago on a whv when I was young enough and before it got harder. Although expensive I'll probably go with a agent to make this happen.. If not oz it will be somewhere else and defiantly not England!!

Thanks again for advice

Mmm yes I think your information on the 457 visa was seriously duff! But a WHV is also just a temporary visa, y would have had to leave at the end of the year amd would have still needed to consider something like skilled migration to stay any longer, so don't beat yourself up about it!