I'm home!!!2 weeks in :)

shak

Finallyyyyy,at last im back where i belong..i must say it was extremely stressful,and im not just talking about the packing and stuff,it was really emotional leaving Australia.i really didn't think i would be that sad to leave a place i was so miserable in,i had tears as soon as we were airborne because i knew that was it,my Australia adventure was finally over.my last few months in oz were fantastic,i really embraced the aussie lifestyle and really enjoyed it.so i left Australia with a very heavy heart! :(

When we landed in uk it was so weird because i thought i would've been either overjoyed or sad because i already missed oz,but instead Australia already felt like a distant memory,it felt like i never left uk,i was just back home from a holiday.when i met family/friends i were so excited,i missed them all so much.these 2 weeks i'v been constantly out with loved ones.the weather has been dull,but it hasnt affected me,apart from getting a cold,im just too busy enjoying myself to even notice :)

However when i discuss Australia with anyone i do miss it a little,im really glad that i have some fond memories of the place.Australia definitely taught me some valuable lessons that i'll always keep with me.it was a wonderful experience and i can honestly say that yes i had some bad times,but i also had some good times that totally outdid the bad.

So glad that i gave Australia a chance,a beautiful country that i won't ever forget.but glad to be finally home :)

Finallyyyyy,at last im back where i belong..i must say it was extremely stressful,and im not just talking about the packing and stuff,it was really emotional leaving Australia.i really didn't think i would be that sad to leave a place i was so miserable in,i had tears as soon as we were airborne because i knew that was it,my Australia adventure was finally over.my last few months in oz were fantastic,i really embraced the aussie lifestyle and really enjoyed it.so i left Australia with a very heavy heart! :(

When we landed in uk it was so weird because i thought i would've been either overjoyed or sad because i already missed oz,but instead Australia already felt like a distant memory,it felt like i never left uk,i was just back home from a holiday.when i met family/friends i were so excited,i missed them all so much.these 2 weeks i'v been constantly out with loved ones.the weather has been dull,but it hasnt affected me,apart from getting a cold,im just too busy enjoying myself to even notice :)

However when i discuss Australia with anyone i do miss it a little,im really glad that i have some fond memories of the place.Australia definitely taught me some valuable lessons that i'll always keep with me.it was a wonderful experience and i can honestly say that yes i had some bad times,but i also had some good times that totally outdid the bad.

So glad that i gave Australia a chance,a beautiful country that i won't ever forget.but glad to be finally home :)

After following all your posts Shak, I'm really happy for you! :smile: You definitely had your ups and downs here plus not feeling well for a lot of the time but never mind all that - you are back home. Yaaayyy!!

Welcome home shak. You have returned at one of my favourite times of the year. The weather may be unpredictable but the signs of spring are unmistakable and the lengthening days mean summer is not too far off:smile:. Fwiw I think missing some aspects of a place you have lived and known is natural, and it is still early days. Good luck with this next chapter - i hope it is all you wish for.

Just a thought, but your update might be of interest to posters in Moving Back to the UK, rather than Reccie and Arrival Reports (which is more geared to those moving to Aus)? T x

Welcome home shak. You have returned at one of my favourite times of the year. The weather may be unpredictable but the signs of spring are unmistakable and the lengthening days mean summer is not too far off:smile:. Fwiw I think missing some aspects of a place you have lived and known is natural, and it is still early days. Good luck with this next chapter - i hope it is all you wish for.

Just a thought, but your update might be of interest to posters in Moving Back to the UK, rather than Reccie and Arrival Reports (which is more geared to those moving to Aus)? T x

I've moved the thread to moving back to the UK. As tea4too says this part of the forum is general for those arriving in Australia

Welcome home Shak! Hope you enjoy the next adventure. I think it's only natural to mourn the end of one adventure when you start on the next but it is good you managed to come away from what, for the most part, was not a nice experience with some good memories. You've arrived at quite the best time!

Good to hear that,I am in similar situation in Perth city and moving back in new year spring and I am kind of getting ready to move and put things in action.We would of been here about five years and I am moving back as my mum has been ill and miss my other daughter.But have loved it here but time to move on,fantastic place best beaches in the world I think.

i am glad you settled in quickly as that's what I am hoping.

i can afford to buy a house in Chester or Sussex with a very small mortgage so we have saved well here.

glad things going well. Ps how is the weather compared to your old part of oz.bit cooler I bet

rgta

Good to hear that,I am in similar situation in Perth city and moving back in new year spring and I am kind of getting ready to move and put things in action.We would of been here about five years and I am moving back as my mum has been ill and miss my other daughter.But have loved it here but time to move on,fantastic place best beaches in the world I think.

i am glad you settled in quickly as that's what I am hoping.

i can afford to buy a house in Chester or Sussex with a very small mortgage so we have saved well here.

glad things going well. Ps how is the weather compared to your old part of oz.bit cooler I bet

rgta

The weather is freezingggg,but i think we really felt it because we came from really warm temperatures,im beginning to get used to it now though.then again when we landed i didnt have a coat,so make sure you have jumpers or coats handy for when you land.best of luck with the move :)

The weather is freezingggg,but i think we really felt it because we came from really warm temperatures,im beginning to get used to it now though.then again when we landed i didnt have a coat,so make sure you have jumpers or coats handy for when you land.best of luck with the move :)

Luckily I still have all my winter jackets as I thought it may be a bit chilly. I am a gardener here so not much use for them here but sure they will be handy there.

Not really looking forward to gardening in the rain but may be better than the boilking summer,we will see lol i