My occupation not listed in NSW 190 Priority Skilled Occupation List 2016. Do i stand a chance?

djnidz

Hi there. Please help. I have submitted my latest EOI through SkillSelect with a score of 70 and applied under Skilled migration (subclass 190). I occupation is Technical Writer which is not listed in the NSW 190 Priority Skilled Occupation List 2015-16.

Do you think I will receive an invitation even if my occupations is not listed in the priority occupations list?

Please help. I've been waiting for this for more than 5 months with a score of 60 and redone my PTE couple of weeks back and got +10 points overall.

Regards,

Nidhin

Hi there. Please help. I have submitted my latest EOI through SkillSelect with a score of 70 and applied under Skilled migration (subclass 190). I occupation is Technical Writer which is not listed in the NSW 190 Priority Skilled Occupation List 2015-16.

Do you think I will receive an invitation even if my occupations is not listed in the priority occupations list?

Please help. I've been waiting for this for more than 5 months with a score of 60 and redone my PTE couple of weeks back and got +10 points overall.

Regards,

Nidhin

Sorry, but you won't receive an invitation if your occupation isn't on the list.

South Australia has Technical Writer currently on their Supplementary Skilled List.

To qualify for sponsorship in the profession then you must have at least ONE of the following:

Have at least 85 points (including the points from sponsorship);

Be an international graduate of South Australia in the field of study related to your occupation;

Have worked in a skilled occupation in SA for the last 12 months;

Have an immediate family member (grandfather, grandmother, father, mother, brother or sister) as a permanent resident or a citizen, residing permanently in SA for at least the last 12 months.

Edited by CaptainC

Is your occupation on the DIBP CSOL ? If so, you might have a chance. This is from NSW website.

Throughout the 2015-16 financial year NSW will also select and invite a limited number of the highest scoring skilled candidates in occupations from the broader DIBP CSOL.***Selection under this stream will be determined on an ongoing basis and limited to occupations where there is labour market demand.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Yes it is possible NSW will invite you under stream 2. My occupation is not on their list but I was invited to apply for NSW state sponsorship back in December. My 190 application is currently in progress with Immi.......................the wait however is killing me :)

Is your occupation on the DIBP CSOL ? If so, you might have a chance. This is from NSW website.

Throughout the 2015-16 financial year NSW will also select and invite a limited number of the highest scoring skilled candidates in occupations from the broader DIBP CSOL.***Selection under this stream will be determined on an ongoing basis and limited to occupations where there is labour market demand.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

But the OP mentioned they have a score of 60. I think there is no chance whatsoever of getting an invite.

Thanks. Yes my occupation is listed in DIBP CSOL. Does this mean I stand a chance?

Is score 70 good enough for an invitation? I have selected NSW area in the Skill Select.

I'm not sure exactly how it works - it may be you could be waiting for months or longer then all of a sudden receive an invite. Someone else may be able to assist more with this.

All I know is there is a possibility.....

Are your 70 points including 5 for state sponsorship ?