OK to travel overseas for 10 days (holiday) the day after Citizenship Test?

Gbud

Thats fine. You dont actually become a Citizen until your ceremony, then you would need to get an Australian Passport.

Thanks AJ!

I read somewhere in a forum that you need to be in country for decision after test. Have you come across this?

Thanks AJ!

I read somewhere in a forum that you need to be in country for decision after test. Have you come across this?

You sit your test, you will find out right after if you passed or failed (it is very hard to fail), your % comes up on the screen. Then you will get a letter telling you officially that you have passed but then you need to wait on your ceremony which could be anything upto 6 months depending on where you are and how busy the council is with ceremonies

You are right you need to be in Australia at the time of decision. They advise not to travel between test and getting approval. After approval you can travel whilst awaiting ceremony if you have a valid visa, after the ceremony you need an Australian passport to travel.

I would let them know your travel details if I were you, just to be on the safe side.

You sit your test, you will find out right after if you passed or failed (it is very hard to fail), your % comes up on the screen. Then you will get a letter telling you officially that you have passed

There's a bit more to it than that. The letter tells you that your application has been approved - that is based not only on the test results but also on the residence, character and anything you said at interview. I agree it is hard to fail but it's more than just a confirmation of the exam result.

The exam is apparently a lot harder if you don't speak English very well.