Jetpets Journey

MelanieJS

We have just used Jetpets to bring our two Shih Tzu dogs from Brisbane to London Heathrow and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Our agent, Melanie Rose, was helpful throughout the process and answered my many, many questions.

Also, our dogs were due to fly out earlier but my partner was taken off the flight ill. I therefore had to call Jim at Jetpets (Brisbane) to take our dogs of their flight with only a couple of hours to go. He was very understanding and they were happy to reschedule for us at our convenience.

Our dogs arrived yesterday afternoon and they were perfectly fine. They weren't stressed or affected by the journey at all.

This morning, they have had a big chicken dinner and have been playing like mad (they have just put themselves back to bed).

The only negative is that they are both feeling the cold (I think they may want to return to Australia).

We used Airpets to originally take our dogs to Australia and they were also great. Would recommend both them and Jetpets.

We have just used Jetpets to bring our two Shih Tzu dogs from Brisbane to London Heathrow and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Our agent, Melanie Rose, was helpful throughout the process and answered my many, many questions.

Also, our dogs were due to fly out earlier but my partner was taken off the flight ill. I therefore had to call Jim at Jetpets (Brisbane) to take our dogs of their flight with only a couple of hours to go. He was very understanding and they were happy to reschedule for us at our convenience.

Our dogs arrived yesterday afternoon and they were perfectly fine. They weren't stressed or affected by the journey at all.

This morning, they have had a big chicken dinner and have been playing like mad (they have just put themselves back to bed).

The only negative is that they are both feeling the cold (I think they may want to return to Australia).

We used Airpets to originally take our dogs to Australia and they were also great. Would recommend both them and Jetpets.

Don't worry, they will soon acclimatise. Our little fella would shake like mad even in a Perth winter. He has been back a month and now sunbathes when its 14

Don't worry, they will soon acclimatise. Our little fella would shake like mad even in a Perth winter. He has been back a month and now sunbathes when its 14

One of my Aussie born cats didn't step outside for four months after our return in January last year. Would be part nerves as he was an indoor cat in Australia, but we live in countryside here so decided they can go outside. Well he just wouldn't go out, even though the other two cats did, finally he went into the garden in mid April, but then he had to go to kennels as we were going on holiday. When he got back from holiday he started going out and he seems to love his life now.

To try to stay relevant, we used Jetpets and I guess everything worked out, the cats arrived safe and well and were picked up and delivered to us.

But we had a huge last minute admin problem, in that they were supposed to collect, they were supposed to be communicating with my OH who was still in Australia, but I woke up in the middle of the night to an email with drop off instructions! We didn't have a car at this point and OH was due to travel. Was absolutely furious as they blamed me initially and refused to rectify (before I produced about ten emails confirming everything and read the absolute riot act) whereas I had meticulously planned and had confirmed what was supposed to happen many times. I could never ever recommend them after putting us through that.

One of my Aussie born cats didn't step outside for four months after our return in January last year. Would be part nerves as he was an indoor cat in Australia, but we live in countryside here so decided they can go outside. Well he just wouldn't go out, even though the other two cats did, finally he went into the garden in mid April, but then he had to go to kennels as we were going on holiday. When he got back from holiday he started going out and he seems to love his life now.

To try to stay relevant, we used Jetpets and I guess everything worked out, the cats arrived safe and well and were picked up and delivered to us.

But we had a huge last minute admin problem, in that they were supposed to collect, they were supposed to be communicating with my OH who was still in Australia, but I woke up in the middle of the night to an email with drop off instructions! We didn't have a car at this point and OH was due to travel. Was absolutely furious as they blamed me initially and refused to rectify (before I produced about ten emails confirming everything and read the absolute riot act) whereas I had meticulously planned and had confirmed what was supposed to happen many times. I could never ever recommend them after putting us through that.

Sorry to hear that Bungo, we used Dogtainers and they were fantastic. Even though we had a near disaster - the airline he was due to fly with (Malaysian) suddenly announced they would no longer fly Chihuahuas less than a week before he was due to fly. They handled it and we didn't have to get involved in any way other than a couple of extra hundred dollars as the emirates flight was a couple of hundred more expensive. We even had progress emails all the way through his trip.

yes that is how I feel LOL

We used Jetpets from Brisbane to Heathrow - they were highly efficient, friendly and reassuring and our pooch arrived happy as always when we went to collect him from Heathrow (on Thai airlines) - would highly recommend their services.

I think it is going to cost almost double to go back the other way from Heathrow to Brisbane when that happens - partly the flight is more expensive and partly the quarrantine costs :(

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Goldyshell

I dont think your question has been answered, but it is to do with clearance in UK/EU. If the owner travels within 5 days then the pets can easily be classed as non commercial which means the clearance is easier and no import fees, but if you are travelling outside 5 days of your pets, then the pets are classed as a commercial shipment and the clearance is more tricky and there will be import fees. so if push comes to shove you can travel outside of 5 days of your pets, but it will cost you more :(

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi Goldyshell

I dont think your question has been answered, but it is to do with clearance in UK/EU. If the owner travels within 5 days then the pets can easily be classed as non commercial which means the clearance is easier and no import fees, but if you are travelling outside 5 days of your pets, then the pets are classed as a commercial shipment and the clearance is more tricky and there will be import fees. so if push comes to shove you can travel outside of 5 days of your pets, but it will cost you more :(

Do they have to prove travel within 5 days? I just wondered if they had a friend/family member in Australia if there was a way around it.

Our dog was going to my parents in the uk. And we still had to travel within 5 days, we were anyway in the end so not a problem... BUT Jetpets did say after that that if we travelled after those 5 days then there would be an extra charge.

Oh and we also had to give them our flight confirmation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Goldyshell

Sorry only just read this. Thank you that makes total sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I have just picked up my 2 fur babies from Heathrow.  I used Jetpets and they were great, there is new customs process at Heathrow introduced 2 weeks ago and a number of owners had issues as their mporters used the old paperwork.  My  dog's documentation was perfect and they were the first to clear customs.  It is the second time I have used them and would definitely recommend them

Edited by ScottieGirl
  • Like 1