One way travel insurance

Patphillips47

Read the small print usually you need to start and finish the trip in the same country. One way migration insurance is designed exactly for people changing countries. Although I have to say the cover for jewellery and laptops, phones etc is very poor considering as migrants you tend to take those things with you rather than ship them, the medical and delay cover is usually good though.

Your UK credit card insurance will not be valid for a one way trip or when you have moved, even if you keep the card as you need to be UK resident.

Am going to sit tomorrow and ring around so that we have some cover at least more worried over the hubby than anything else but I will be carrying my laptop and jewellery luckily the hotel we have booked has a safe and a laptop safe so expensive items won't go out with us when we are out an about

I will shop around over the phone as technically we are the same at the moment we are UK residents but we are going back to Oz to take up residency there

I had a problem like this when I was technically not a resident of any European country, having left my job in Belgium but still being resident in Belgium. UK wouldn't insure me because I wasn't resident there but my health insurance in Belgium had ended with my job, in the end I registered with my husbands health insurance for two months. We then had a problem with travel insurance in that we were living in the UK and wanted to travel to oz on holiday but hadn't been resident for at least six months, which all the firms seemed to want. In the end someone suggested a firm called (I think) world nomads. Maybe they can help you Pat.