Pool heating

paisleylass

I'm probably the other way.

I have solar heating for the pool but never use it.

I find the water warms up naturally and I like it to be refreshingly cool when I swim in the heat of summer.

I probably only use the pool from December to February though. And I would spend hours in the pool either.

Thats why you are so wrinkley.

PS we almost bought a house with pebblecrete lined pool, I was worried about scraping my fingers n toes! Re-lining would be a big expense when starting out in a new home. Pool we have is tiled, am a bit concerned about slipping but pool shop guy says PH affects whether tiles are slippery, can't remember which way. But I'm clumsy so might put a handrail in by the steps!

It is really rough, the kids are always skinning a bit of their hands, knees or feet on it. The pool was put in at about the same time that the house was built, so it is about 25 years old I think. We had a couple of small leaks in one of the pipes, which the leak guy said was plumbing for pool heating, so it is in need of a renovation anyway. We're slowly renovating the whole house, so it is just another bit that needs doing. We do use it lots over the summer, and would use it even more if it were heated. I would have the same reservations as you with tiles. There is a pool at a property we go to on holiday sometimes which has the most beautiful finish, so we'll go for something similar to that I think.

I'm probably the other way.

I have solar heating for the pool but never use it.

I find the water warms up naturally and I like it to be refreshingly cool when I swim in the heat of summer.

I probably only use the pool from December to February though. And I would not spend hours in the pool either.

Now the kids are a bit older (meaning I don't have to go in and can sit on the side and read/watch them) and swimming is their sport of choice our pool gets lots of use when it is warm enough. Over the summer school holidays they go in every day, sometimes more than once. OH was cleaning some leaves out of it the other day, and youngest wanted to go in! She changed her mind when she dipped her toe in though!

I'm guessing the heating could be turned off/down in the height of summer, I agree that it is lovely to get into a cool pool on a hot day!

Now the kids are a bit older (meaning I don't have to go in and can sit on the side and read/watch them) and swimming is their sport of choice our pool gets lots of use when it is warm enough. Over the summer school holidays they go in every day, sometimes more than once. OH was cleaning some leaves out of it the other day, and youngest wanted to go in! She changed her mind when she dipped her toe in though!

I'm guessing the heating could be turned off/down in the height of summer, I agree that it is lovely to get into a cool pool on a hot day!

The way mine works is there is a valve you can turn which determine which way the water flows One setting sends it up to the roof and through the solar pipes. The other setting is just a direct path to the filter not via the roof.

So that is how you turn it on or off.

Now pool has reached a balmy 27 degrees, and since the pool blanket went on 3 days ago we only lose 0.5 degree at night. Ace. Only issue is we have a few days before the blanket gets its final trim and is attached to the reel while it settles and to allow for shrinkage, making it difficult to move. So a few days before full functionality yet! But it was lovely getting home early at the start of September for a comfortable float and swim at home!

Now pool has reached a balmy 27 degrees, and since the pool blanket went on 3 days ago we only lose 0.5 degree at night. Ace. Only issue is we have a few days before the blanket gets its final trim and is attached to the reel while it settles and to allow for shrinkage, making it difficult to move. So a few days before full functionality yet! But it was lovely getting home early at the start of September for a comfortable float and swim at home!

Sounds lovely Paisleylass. Are you settled in and enjoying your new home?

We are thanks Jock! Lovely quiet area near parks etc, and crazy cat person neighbours! Very friendly. One slight (!) hiccup is my hubby got made redundant this week, and thus we are also now without transport. In an area with scant public transport that's rather inconvenient, hopefully he'll be back in work soon and we can get a car with the payout!!

We are thanks Jock! Lovely quiet area near parks etc, and crazy cat person neighbours! Very friendly. One slight (!) hiccup is my hubby got made redundant this week, and thus we are also now without transport. In an area with scant public transport that's rather inconvenient, hopefully he'll be back in work soon and we can get a car with the payout!!

Fingers crossed for your husband!! :smile: