What to pack & iPhone Sim card!

Hi all

I am going to Brisbane: 23rd - 26th May, Melbourne 26th - 30th May & Sydney 30th May to 3rd June. I am just wondering what on earth I should pack? I'm guessing Brisbane & Sydney will be warmish and Melbourne I am expecting to be a little chilly.

Please can someone just give me a rough idea? I am planning on doing a lot of walking and travelling on each day of my trip.

Also I need to get myself a pre paid sim card so I can use my iPhone over there. Anyone know of any Australian sims I can purchase here in the UK before I go?

Thank you in advance :)

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi

I would recommend layers, ie t shirts and a cardigan or jumper. I think long pants will be fine for both places. We are in FNQ where the temp has been 41 during the day but I've had long pants on and been fine. Personally I would need a coat if I was going to Melbourne in May but if you are coming straight from the UK you may find the weather fine without.

I wouldn't get a sim until you arrive, they cost around $2 and can be bought in most places, just check your phone is unlocked.

Check the coverage maps of the areas you hope to visit. They all have "specials" and "good deals" going - my last one was with Vodafone (never thought I would be happy with Vodafone but I was!) but any of the big telcos will be fine. As has been said, make sure your iPhone is unlocked before you leave. Pack light, plenty of cheap clothes in Aus if you find you are running out.

• 2 weeks later...