Melbourne quarantine/ diet

You need to fill in the form that accompanies the import permit and get your vet to fill it in

Or maybe email quarantine and ask what they will and will not feed My understanding is they feed kibble

How far in are you with getting through all the requirements etc

Edited by Patphillips47

You need to fill in the form that accompanies the import permit and get your vet to fill it in

Or maybe email quarantine and ask what they will and will not feed My understanding is they feed kibble

How far in are you with getting through all the requirements etc

Not far wasn't planning on taking her as trying to rehome but been blind and on a special diet struggling. We are planing to move as soon as the house sells hopefully this summer unfortunately this means we are way out on timings having only had her rabbies done and passport issued the other day and needing 7 months. Fortunately my stepson has said he won't take her perminantly but will look after her to send her out to us. We have tried loads of dog charities and the vet did give us somemore to try.

Guest The Pom Queen

I am sure @Bob from Petair will be along soon to answer your question. As far as I know they will allow you to have food delivered.

Not far wasn't planning on taking her as trying to rehome but been blind and on a special diet struggling. We are planing to move as soon as the house sells hopefully this summer unfortunately this means we are way out on timings having only had her rabbies done and passport issued the other day and needing 7 months. Fortunately my stepson has said he won't take her perminantly but will look after her to send her out to us. We have tried loads of dog charities and the vet did give us somemore to try.

Is your dog a Shar Pei I have just seen your profile our boy is also a Shar Pei so there is some special requirements anyway as they are Brachyleptic breeds Emirates won't fly them after May 1st until Occtober because of the heat in Dubai It's not a passport you need for her either it's a lot more in depth PM me if you want to ask questions

I asked the question about my cat and they said that in addition to the vet's recommendation and the request that you have to send, you have to supply the food to them. This was in Sydney, I am not sure if they changed the rules since last October and after they "moved" to Melbourne.

• 6 months later...

We have done quarantine at Spotswood 2 times and they are wonderful they can even have there own food brought in, we used to visit as much as we could you can go into the kennel or they have park areas to go any play and sit with them, they can have there own bedding just like home, the kennels are heated in the winter and all there needs are met our little dog the 2nd time was even wagging her tail so was so happy to see everybody (made us feel a bit bad doing it to her again) all the pictures of the pets who have stayed are on the wall including ours. xx

• 1 month later...

Sorry to be way late along to this - but basically you will need to source the food in Australia and have it sent in to the quarantine station. Also you will need to submit a vet letter saying that your dog needs the specific food and why.

Also Qantas will fly shar pei's at any time of year and the route is a good one with a minimal stop at Dubai - your dog would get to stay in the crate and not be handled by strangers - which would be quite stressful for a blind dog i am sure.