Living around Sydney

orca

Hi

My husband and I are seriously considering the move to Australia - we originally thought of Brisbane (due to the climate and lower housing costs) but we have been advised that jobs in my hubby's area are mostly in Sydney or Melbourne.

We ruled out Sydney originally as we thought we would never be able to afford a house there - just wondering if that really is the case?

We are a family of 4 - would want a nice suburb within an hour commute door to door of central Sydney - ideally as near to the coast as possible.

My other half's salary would be around $100,000 and I may get a part time job or transfer and continue my Etsy business there. We were looking at houses of up to the low $600s in Brisbane.

Any advice much appreciated :)

Many thanks!

Thanks as we thought then!

Yes Brisbane seemed like the perfect location for us but there are not many jobs - as all the company headquarters are in Melbourne and Sydney.

OK thanks - more research to be done!

I used to recommend Sutherland Shire with requirements like these, but I'd have to agree with the other posters now. You could perhaps look a bit further south towards Wollongong which is a bit cheaper I think and still on a train line to Sydney. It is on the coast and is a fairly nice town, so it might be worth a look at least.