Good Web site

Tina2

Those looking to take pets back from Aus to UK will find this a help. https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-environment-food-rural-affairs

Need to dig through for info, I did find that Aus is a listed country so no Quarantine required. Rabies needs to be done at least 21 days prior to departure and day one of the shot is day 0 so at the earliest you need to look at day 22 to travel. Tape worm must be done by a vet 20 to 120 hours before departure and entered into the pet passport.

Tina how was your dog from UK to Oz ( I am assuming he was in quarantine in Melbourne ) and what breed is he

We are having our Pei flown from Melbourne to Adelaide in May after he does his stint in quarantine and we have contacted Jetpets

My son has used them several times having puppies flown from Queensland and never had a problem ?

Tina how was your dog from UK to Oz ( I am assuming he was in quarantine in Melbourne ) and what breed is he

We are having our Pei flown from Melbourne to Adelaide in May after he does his stint in quarantine and we have contacted Jetpets

My son has used them several times having puppies flown from Queensland and never had a problem ?

Sorry Pat for any confusion, we only used Jet Pets in Aus, havnt moved any pets UK to Aus. Jet pets seemed really good, so I have no idea what happened. I know there was quite a delay between dropping off and going on board and the same at Brisbane quite a delay from getting off the plane and being taken to the freight section. May have been all the noise I have no idea, but he ended up at the vet he was so stressed and he is normally a very calm dog .

We used Dogtainers and had a full breakdown in costs including the receipt from the airline and Dogtainers actually made a very modest amount from it! In fact, I was surprised by how little.

It cost us a total of $3000 including vet fees for his rabies jab.

After getting over been very tired for a few days after his trip, he is fine now

Sorry Pat for any confusion, we only used Jet Pets in Aus, havnt moved any pets UK to Aus. Jet pets seemed really good, so I have no idea what happened. I know there was quite a delay between dropping off and going on board and the same at Brisbane quite a delay from getting off the plane and being taken to the freight section. May have been all the noise I have no idea, but he ended up at the vet he was so stressed and he is normally a very calm dog .

oh that's a shame Tina I can only hope our boy is fine on the long leg and the short leg I suppose it's a chance we are taking but fingers crossed he will be fine

We used Dogtainers and had a full breakdown in costs including the receipt from the airline and Dogtainers actually made a very modest amount from it! In fact, I was surprised by how little.

It cost us a total of $3000 including vet fees for his rabies jab.

After getting over been very tired for a few days after his trip, he is fine now

Thats good to hear it's a journey and a half for humans let alone a pet who does not understand

Being tired at the end of the journey is far better than not m aking the journey. I could never consider not taking my dog with me where ever I go. I think people for the UK have a very strong bond with there pets and animals in general which is really nice.