Pet Air UK - Transporting your pets to Australia

Guest The Pom Queen

• 1 month later...

Dear Verystormy

Yes, you can google Dogtainers, Jetpets and Petcarriers, they are the main 3 shippers in Australia who can help you. We tend to use Dogtainers first, but one of our clients expected the same level of service from them as they got from us and were a bit disappointed, but we have found them to be excellent.

If you need any more help then let me know

Dear Verystormy

Yes, you can google Dogtainers, Jetpets and Petcarriers, they are the main 3 shippers in Australia who can help you. We tend to use Dogtainers first, but one of our clients expected the same level of service from them as they got from us and were a bit disappointed, but we have found them to be excellent.

If you need any more help then let me know

Hi Bob,

we are not sure who to use to transport our Westie yet.Can we meet you at the airport with him if we decide to use you guys?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I have just rung two vets to ask how much it would cost for all the treatments and paperwork needed to take a dog to Australia and neither of them could tell me and said I'd have to ring Defra :arghh: I have had the quotes from Petair and just wanted to know how much the injections, blood tests and whatever else would cost. Are we talking hundreds or thousands? You would think a vet would know wouldn't you? :wacko:

Perhaps the vet has never had to get an animal "ready" for travel to Australia before.

We were lucky we called our vet first and he said he has had experience of transporting dogs to Oz so was quite helpful.

Below is a list of costs that I received from a quote.

DHPPi vaccination £40.00

KC vaccination £38.00

Rabies vaccination £50.00

Rabies serology (blood) test (RNATT) £85.00

Blood tests + initial insecticidal treatment £175.00

Export health certificate £50.00

Worming & 2nd Insecticidal treatment £32.00

I am sure if you were to ask Bob at PetAir, he would break down the costs for you.

Dear Dianne W

We have heard prices of £75 to prepare a dog to go to Australia (which is very cheap as the blood tests actually cost more than this) and as much as £800 per dog (which is nothing short of dishonesty really). Definitely get a quote from your vets or otherwise you are at their mercy. It is usually between £300-£400 all in for bloods/export papers/treatments plus any vaccinations which need doing.

It is also quite a good test for a vets to ask them for a quote. If they cant, then they probably are unsure of what they are doing, if they can help you easily then they are a good bet.

If there are some bits of our quote you want and some you dont then give us a shout and we can make a quote to suit you.

Bob

Guest Alligator

Hi

We are looking to export our cocker spaniel with us to Australia later ths year and will probably be flying from Manchester airport, does petair operate from this airport?

Thanks

Dear Alligator

We can arrange a flight from Manchester, if you really want, but often do not as all the flights to Australia have to go through Heathrow so that the airport vet can check the paperwork. So it often works better to being the pets down by road to Heathrow have a break there (either during the day with you or overnight with us) and then they can be checked in. This makes an already long journey a touch shorter.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bob

I just want to check I am doing this correctly.

Both of my dogs have now had their boosters minus lepto and today have had their second rabies vaccination.

Am I right that it will need to be at least 4 weeks before my dogs need to have their RNATT blood test?

Once I receive my visa I will contact yourselves to arrange shipping.

Is it then that you will send me the relevant paperwork for my vet to complete?

My vets have not prepared an animal for shipping to Australia before only Europe. I am worrying as they are asking me questions that I am not 100% sure about.

Thank you

Mummy Mann

For now you can get the rabies blood sample done after 2-4 weeks after the rabies vaccination (the second one in this case). Then get your visa, then get us involved. Basically if you go for Gold service, we will instruct your vets what to do. If you go for silver service, we will still send your vets guidance notes and help out lots, so either way, dont worry about what your vets are telling you - just give us a shout and we will help out lots.

Maybe give your vets our details and we can have a chat with them.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest surferchicksal

My daughter wants to know if it possible to ship her fish?? She has a small 28l tank and has grown very attached to her little fishies! she is 4 and wants to take them with her?!

Guest surferchicksal

That would work for me but she knows all there names and colours off by heart! I would be fooled but SHE would so not be!!!

Guest surferchicksal

Well we cannot take them thats that bit sorted, Find a nice friend to take them on and email her photos and then get a bigger and better tank and have a nemo and a dory and im sure that will make it all better!!! Lol the things we do to try and please our children!! thanks guys

Trying to decide whether to take or re home cat

any advice on whole process and approx cost appreciated know he will need rabies shots and blood tests etc but what else read something about getting shipping crate and using it as bed etc a while before and some kind of water dispenser and getting him used to that but that sounds tricky the only place he will sleep is sofa or daughters bed and he never drinks water apart from puddles every day put fresh water in his bowl and every day he ignores it so teaching him to drink from something else seems immpossible task

thanks

mem

• 2 weeks later...