Pet Air UK - Transporting your pets to Australia

Guest The Pom Queen

We arrived in Adelaide Back in July, and would say a massive thanks to PetAir for delivering our Dog & 2 Cats safe & sound without any problems at all. We used the gold service and Joanna was great, guided us through the entire process. Massive Ebay style A+++Highly recommend

This is good to read as we are just about to start the process with Pet air, just waiting to hear back from Joanna regarding our revised quote! And I have to say Bob has been very helpful answering my many questions up to now.

Im very nervous about the whole thing as my cat is quite a sensitive soul and I'm worried about how it will all affect him.

If he is going to Melbourne then you can visit him at the quarantine centre, as for the flight etc, our two cats didn't seem phased in the slightest. You can visit them in quarantine, I did and the staff let me spend all day with them as I flew in from Adelaide especially to check on them. I think our pets just curled up and went to sleep. Just make sure you do everything Your Pet Air Representative ask you to do, whenever they ask you to do it. Our rep was called Catherine and she was really helpful.

• 2 months later...

Just to say thankyou to PetAir for organising the transportation of our labrador Finlay to Aus. Everyone at PetAir have all been wonderful in the planning stages. We had left the UK 6 weeks before Finlay travelled and he was with the in-laws so we used the Gold service to make sure they didn't have to worry about a thing and it really made all the difference - reassurance on the bloods/certification, booking of all the travel, collection from Dumfries was professional and efficient and organising everything for his journey was just wonderful. We had Rachel looking after the planning for our boy and she was always there to answer any questions we had and had everything under control - she was really excellent. Finlay only arrived in Melbourne 4 days ago so still has all of his quarantine stay to go. It's not easy thinking of your pet scared or alone but PetAir have definitely made the whole process so much easier and I would recommend their service to everyone! Now the countdown til we get our boy back...!

Just to say thankyou to PetAir for organising the transportation of our labrador Finlay to Aus. Everyone at PetAir have all been wonderful in the planning stages. We had left the UK 6 weeks before Finlay travelled and he was with the in-laws so we used the Gold service to make sure they didn't have to worry about a thing and it really made all the difference - reassurance on the bloods/certification, booking of all the travel, collection from Dumfries was professional and efficient and organising everything for his journey was just wonderful. We had Rachel looking after the planning for our boy and she was always there to answer any questions we had and had everything under control - she was really excellent. Finlay only arrived in Melbourne 4 days ago so still has all of his quarantine stay to go. It's not easy thinking of your pet scared or alone but PetAir have definitely made the whole process so much easier and I would recommend their service to everyone! Now the countdown til we get our boy back...!

Really great to hear. I hope Finlay is OK.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Bob, apologies if this has been asked on here already, I had a quick scan through but couldn't find an up to date answer. We have a 5yr old cross **** zu/Llhaso Apso, I have read on your website that there is an embargo on this breed/cross travelling on Singapore Airlines. How will we go about getting Lottie to Perth later this year. I began the vaccination process for her July last year, everything up to date until July this year when boosters will be due. Also do I need to be doing anything else now such as blood tests?

Thanks in advance

Mrs K x

Dear Mrs K

I think you are going to be alright for the route - check out this link for the banned breed http://www.petairuk.com/about-us/news.aspx?ArticleId=7310.'>http://www.petairuk.com/about-us/news.aspx?ArticleId=7310. If there is any chance your dog can magically change breed then that may be helpful.

If you want to go in July - can i check you have started the process as you need a permit and quarantine space booked. if you cant get a space in July, then you need to redo the rabies blood sample and vaccination asap as they have to be done within 12 months of the flight.

If you have got a permit and quarantine space sorted then you do have to do pre travel bloods, but depending on your agent - they will advise and help with them

Give us a call if you fancy a chat.

Bob

http://www.petairuk.com

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Hiya

The gold also includes the permit and the drive down to the airport.

Get a price from your vet to do the vet work as often once you do silver service, then pay your vets, then buy your permit, you have not saved that much and had all the work to do yourself.

You can pick and choose what you want from us and what you dont, so you can make sure you are not spending money on things you dont need, but deffo get a price from your vets as that will determine a lot

• 5 months later...

Hi Bib

We are just starting our process and aiming to travel Jul 2017. I have looked at the process for dogs and would like some clarification.

Rabies - can I commence their jabs before the 180 days or is it very specific time frames? What is the best website to get the information for my vet?

My one dog has a bad leg so would need to get out of his crate for a walk (me being over sensitive no doubt) is this possible.

Can the crates be close to each other as they are mother and son.

Many thanks in advance

ok, so the rabies work can be at least 7 months and up to 2 years before the flight, so you can start it now.

there are details on the Australian quarantine website, they do a really good step by step guide, or your vets can call a pet shipper who will advise them.

There are options for the flight - QANTAS who will keep pets in the crates or Singapore or Emirates who will allow your dogs to get out on the stop over.

Best thing is to get the rabies work started and check out these 2 websites and that should get you nicely started:)

https://www.petairuk.com/taking-pets-to-australia

http://www.agriculture.gov.au/cats-dogs

Anything else just let us know

ok, so the rabies work can be at least 7 months and up to 2 years before the flight, so you can start it now.

there are details on the Australian quarantine website, they do a really good step by step guide, or your vets can call a pet shipper who will advise them.

There are options for the flight - QANTAS who will keep pets in the crates or Singapore or Emirates who will allow your dogs to get out on the stop over.

Best thing is to get the rabies work started and check out these 2 websites and that should get you nicely started:)

https://www.petairuk.com/taking-pets-to-australia

http://www.agriculture.gov.au/cats-dogs

Anything else just let us know

Thank you. I will get it all underway and once visas are sorted will be in touch to get our pups booked up with you :-)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I'm looking for some advice about shipping my dog to Aus from the UK. He's a 4yo English springer, and my options for flights seem to be with a two hour stop over or a 10 hour stop over. With the 2 hours he would stay in his crate so I estimate that he would then have almost 30 hours in that crate once you take into account waiting and transport at each end, plus the flight. The 10 hour stop over is in Dubai, and he would be removed from his crate and put into a kennel so at least he could stretch his legs. They do say they walk them and feed them too. Does anyone have experience of dogs transiting in Dubai? I'm inclined to think a break from the crate would be a good thing but does anyone have any other opinions or experiences to share? Thanks

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
18 hours ago, Nerak Revilo said:

Our dog (Labrador) will be 13 when are scheduled to move to Australia. Is that too old to make the journey? 

Age doesn’t seem to be a big factor as much as the health of the dog. Maybe ask your vet for their opinion. Bearing in mind the quarantine for,  is it 10 days now??? In Australia from the UK. How would your dog fare? Very individual to each pet I think. 
Start with your own vet for an opinion.

Good luck. 😀

• 2 years later...

We have used a charter flight (private flight) before and can recommend it. It is more expensive than other options but we had our doggos in the cabin with us, it was super safe, stress free etc. One of my dogs is quite anxious so this was a good option for us for peace of mind.

I see Pet Air is UK based. We used an Aus company for our relocation from one Aus state to another. Happy to recommend https://flightcharter.com.au/ - I dealt with Cian and she was great, organised everything!