Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      238 times
      Rep

Quarantine rules changing

Guys - there is loads of info all about this rule change on this forum in other posts and threads. There is loads of really good help and if i try to repeat it here i will miss bits out, so have a look around.

Title
      Liked
      5 times
      Rep
      Hi Bob. My husband and I will be moving to Melbourne in Jan. we are still waiting for our 457 visa to come through but want to get our Newfoundland booked onto a flight as soon as possible as they are all filling up. I have been dealing with Joanna in your office who has been very helpful but I just wanted to know what we could start doing now while we wait for the visa to come through? We are very happy to use Pet air to get our Newfie to Melbourne. many thanks Jackie

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      238 times
      Rep
      Dear Newfie Fan
      Email jo to say you do want to proceed and she will send you some paperwork to fill out. Please dont worry about flight space in January as will be super quiet with pets leaving UK due to the rule change.
      Can i check have you got all the rabies work done, has your dog had a rabies vaccination at least 6-12 moths before the flight date and when did your dog have the rabies blood sample?
      Joanna can send you some docs to fill out so we can gather all the info we need and then once we get that back we can get permits and book flights. Joanna is very good and tell her what you would like and she will help out.
      Any probs let me know

Title
      Liked
      121 times
      Rep
      Hi Bob,

We are hoping to make the move to Oz next year (hopefully around July) my cat is due his annual vaccination next week, would it be worth asking the vet to do his rabies jab at the same time or leaving until after Christmas??

Thanks in advance
      AFTER LAST YEAR'S DISASTER, WE ARE NOW EXPLORING OTHER AVENUES TO GET TO OZ!

WE FLY OUT ON THE 7th APRIL :) YAY!!!!!

Title
      Liked
      5 times
      Rep
      Hi Bob,

Thanks for this. We have had all the rabies jabs and blood tests done but only last month so will need to send Jessie before the 1st Jan which is really worrying me due to all flights getting booked up really quickly! I will email Joanna and see what it is we can do for now. Thanks again

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      238 times
      Rep
      Dear Newfie fan
      I am sure Joanna has told you this, but we cant get any pets into Melbourne before Jan 01st. Sydney is going to be a struggle, so whatever you do and whoever you choose do it quickly as we are going to reach a point soon where we will not be able to get any more pets into Sydney before Jan 01st

Title
      Liked
      28 times
      Rep
      Hi Bob

We are looking to move to the UK mid 2012 with our Whippet

I understand the Rabies requirement has now changed for the UK.

Is there a way for her to fly on the same plane as us - i.e. Emirates into Manchester or Birmingham? Also can you advise if you can help us from OZ to the UK or do you only do UK to OZ?

Whats a rough cost we would be looking at?

Look forward to hearing back from you, thanks Bob.

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      238 times
      Rep
      Lucy Lou

Get the rabies work down now so that it will be ready for flight mid 2012. A price for flight ticket and crate will be around 1500 depending on how big your whippett actually is, but i would suggest filling in an online form and we can get you a perfect quote and discuss the options we can give to you and your little furry!

Ref the rabies work, if you do a rabies jab now and then in one month do a rabies blood sample, your whippett can fly around 5-12 months after that.

Ref the same flight, it is not always the best thing and you are best to fly your dog around 5-7 before you go so that you know he is safe and sound before you leave and you can do final packing in UK without worrying your dog too much. If you definitely want to be on the same flights, let us know where you are going and we can help.

Title
      Liked
      28 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by BobPetairUK View Post
      Lucy Lou

Get the rabies work down now so that it will be ready for flight mid 2012. A price for flight ticket and crate will be around 1500 depending on how big your whippett actually is, but i would suggest filling in an online form and we can get you a perfect quote and discuss the options we can give to you and your little furry!

Ref the rabies work, if you do a rabies jab now and then in one month do a rabies blood sample, your whippett can fly around 5-12 months after that.

Ref the same flight, it is not always the best thing and you are best to fly your dog around 5-7 before you go so that you know he is safe and sound before you leave and you can do final packing in UK without worrying your dog too much. If you definitely want to be on the same flights, let us know where you are going and we can help.
      Thanks for your reply Bob,

Just wanted to clarify that your reply was in relation to travelling from Australia to the UK/ We currently live in Australia and are looking to move to the UK mid 2012.

I had heard the UK Quarantine were changing quarantine laws from 1 Jan 2012.

Thanks Bob

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      238 times
      Rep
      Lucy Lou

Please accept my apologies the rules for entering UK will be rabies vaccination and microchip at least 21 days before coming back to UK, then 24-48 hour tick and tapeworm treatment (though this part is still under negotiation).

There are quite a few good shippers in Australia who can help you

• John Mason International Movers

•  
    Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast