Pet Air UK - Transporting your pets to Australia

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

Pomsinoz are delighted to welcome Bob from Petair as our latest partner. This forum, is for any questions you would like to ask Bob about shipping your pets to Australia or New Zealand.

Please feel free to visit the Pet Air website at: http://www.petairuk.com

ABOUT PETAIR

The founders Chris Field, Luke Gamble and Bob Ghandour offer combined experience of 34 years as veterinary surgeons. They are all members of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons and are qualified DEFRA Local Veterinary Inspectors (LVI).

ABOUT BOB

Bob worked with Luke in Bournemouth for several years before joining the PetAir directorship. Having been the senior Veterinary assistant in a busy animal practice, Bob is used to pressure environments, dealing with frightened pets and reassuring worried and concerned owners on a daily basis.

Bob’s compassion and care are second to none and his easy going nature and careful diligence help ensure that the PetAir team can take care of any export to any country in the world, irrespective of stringent import permit regulations or veterinary tests

I would like to say, if no one minds.

We used Pet Air to transport our dog From Somerset to Adelaide, via Sydney quarantine this July. We were very nervous about her as she was a terrible traveler in the car.

We visited their offices in Dorset, they welcomed us and showed us around their facility and how they make the travel cage.

They kept us informed all the way, when payments needed to be in by etc. Our dog failed the blood test, but Pet Air guided us through a re test and as they kept advising me not to worry she passed.

We dropped her off near Windsor and were emailed when she settled and was ready for the flight. We were happy with their service.

4 weeks later Micha joined us in Adelaide via an internal flight from Sydney (arranged by Pet Air) we were a little sceptical as to how she will look. Her flight was delayed by 2 hours, but we were emailed to advise us (not that i was glued to live flight tracker, waiting for the final link of the family to join us) We watched her flight fly over our house, and 1 hour later she arrived. She looked fantastic, clean, lean, fresh smelling and really happy and bouncy, just as we left her.

I would recommend them to anyone who loves their pets. Not sure how competitive their price is, but i think their gold service is worth every penny and would use them tomorrow if i were ever to need to.

We met Bob, he is a really nice guy.

• Like 1

Guest The Pom Queen

Thanks for the feedback Gaz, I have known Bob a good few years now and have never known anything negative. They may cost a little more but to be honest when you are sending your loved one half way around the world I don't think you can put a price on it to know they are in good care. I suppose it's like the saying " you get what you pay for"

Suzy, i would give Pet Air UK a ring to get a rough quote, get your dogs measurements to give them so their estimate will be a good one.

To measure,

1 From tip of nose to rear end (not including tail)

2 From top of shoulder to floor

3 From top of head to floor

4 Width across shoulders.

5 Weight.

Look on their website i am sure it tells and advises how you can measure your loved one. Pet Air will give you 2 quotes (Gold, which they do everything & silver which you have to sort out the blood tests etc) we used their gold service and found this to be ideal as we didnt need to worry about anything, thus we knew all the forms and certificates will be right.

Dear Suzy

We can definitely help. Most airlines will not fly bulldogs, but we do have a route for them, but you need to be sure that your dog is fit and healthy and can exercise and run round. The Bullies who struggle to run round the garden should not be put on any airplane as they do not cope with the stress of travel very well.

Give us a call and we will be happy to help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Bob. My husband and I will be moving to Melbourne in Jan. we are still waiting for our 457 visa to come through but want to get our Newfoundland booked onto a flight as soon as possible as they are all filling up. I have been dealing with Joanna in your office who has been very helpful but I just wanted to know what we could start doing now while we wait for the visa to come through? We are very happy to use Pet air to get our Newfie to Melbourne. many thanks Jackie

Dear Newfie Fan

Email jo to say you do want to proceed and she will send you some paperwork to fill out. Please dont worry about flight space in January as will be super quiet with pets leaving UK due to the rule change.

Can i check have you got all the rabies work done, has your dog had a rabies vaccination at least 6-12 moths before the flight date and when did your dog have the rabies blood sample?

Joanna can send you some docs to fill out so we can gather all the info we need and then once we get that back we can get permits and book flights. Joanna is very good and tell her what you would like and she will help out.

Any probs let me know

Hi Bob,

Thanks for this. We have had all the rabies jabs and blood tests done but only last month so will need to send Jessie before the 1st Jan which is really worrying me due to all flights getting booked up really quickly! I will email Joanna and see what it is we can do for now. Thanks again

Dear Newfie fan

I am sure Joanna has told you this, but we cant get any pets into Melbourne before Jan 01st. Sydney is going to be a struggle, so whatever you do and whoever you choose do it quickly as we are going to reach a point soon where we will not be able to get any more pets into Sydney before Jan 01st

Hi Bob

We are looking to move to the UK mid 2012 with our Whippet

I understand the Rabies requirement has now changed for the UK.

Is there a way for her to fly on the same plane as us - i.e. Emirates into Manchester or Birmingham? Also can you advise if you can help us from OZ to the UK or do you only do UK to OZ?

Whats a rough cost we would be looking at?

Look forward to hearing back from you, thanks Bob.

Lucy Lou

Get the rabies work down now so that it will be ready for flight mid 2012. A price for flight ticket and crate will be around £1500 depending on how big your whippett actually is, but i would suggest filling in an online form and we can get you a perfect quote and discuss the options we can give to you and your little furry!

Ref the rabies work, if you do a rabies jab now and then in one month do a rabies blood sample, your whippett can fly around 5-12 months after that.

Ref the same flight, it is not always the best thing and you are best to fly your dog around 5-7 before you go so that you know he is safe and sound before you leave and you can do final packing in UK without worrying your dog too much. If you definitely want to be on the same flights, let us know where you are going and we can help.

Lucy Lou

Get the rabies work down now so that it will be ready for flight mid 2012. A price for flight ticket and crate will be around £1500 depending on how big your whippett actually is, but i would suggest filling in an online form and we can get you a perfect quote and discuss the options we can give to you and your little furry!

Ref the rabies work, if you do a rabies jab now and then in one month do a rabies blood sample, your whippett can fly around 5-12 months after that.

Ref the same flight, it is not always the best thing and you are best to fly your dog around 5-7 before you go so that you know he is safe and sound before you leave and you can do final packing in UK without worrying your dog too much. If you definitely want to be on the same flights, let us know where you are going and we can help.

Thanks for your reply Bob,

Just wanted to clarify that your reply was in relation to travelling from Australia to the UK/ We currently live in Australia and are looking to move to the UK mid 2012.

I had heard the UK Quarantine were changing quarantine laws from 1 Jan 2012.

Thanks Bob

Lucy Lou

Please accept my apologies the rules for entering UK will be rabies vaccination and microchip at least 21 days before coming back to UK, then 24-48 hour tick and tapeworm treatment (though this part is still under negotiation).

There are quite a few good shippers in Australia who can help you

Dear Cal2

That is great, it is an awful feeling to have to turn round to people and say we cant help you and we feel bad because we are leaving them high and dry. It is also tough turning away work, but we want to make sure we stay good and can help with the jobs we have.

Thanks a million and if we can help ask Jackie or me