Mortgages - Borrowing Power Calculator

Quite a common question that comes up by members is how much can I borrow on a mortgage/home loan when buying a house.

The way lenders/banks assess borrowing power here is quite different to the way it is done in the UK and typically means that people are able to borrow way more than they could have in the UK and in my experience in a lot of cases more than they actually want to borrow.

We have a borrowing power calculator available which is very useful to give an idea of what someone might be able to borrow which can be found here:

Borrowing Power Calculator

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

can you please tell what is required to get approval for a mortgage in Brisbane? I have PR, am from Denmark. My boyfriend are Australian and Im moving there later this month. My salary is 65k plus 9.5% in the job I start 16th may as a student advisor. I would like to buy a place there in my name as he already has a house there.

Hi

can you please tell what is required to get approval for a mortgage in Brisbane? I have PR, am from Denmark. My boyfriend are Australian and Im moving there later this month. My salary is 65k plus 9.5% in the job I start 16th may as a student advisor. I would like to buy a place there in my name as he already has a house there.

Hi AnnetteV,

We will certainly be happy to have a closer look to see if we can assist.

If you would like to pm me your email address I will email you directly and we can look further as to what your options are.

Cheers

Adam

• 9 months later...