Emirates

Keith and Linda

we have travelled Newcastle to Adelaide direct several times short stopovers in Dubai only a couple of house either way But we found doing it that way so very tiring First leg 7 or so hours trying to stay awake as the flight leaves mid afternoon ,quick run through aiport ,coffe and loo no time for shopping then on the second plane for 13 or so hours Downside too that Emirates don't do the 380 to Adelaide

Going back in April with Singapore airlines with flight from Newcastle to Heathrow then late flight out ,hopefully sleep on the plane two night stopover in Singapore then on to Adelaide

We have found the second option doesn't leave us so jet lagged or worn out from the flight

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe me I always try to find the best deal and have no loyalty to any, and have tried the local independent's but still found them to be much as muchness to the bigger boys. the last three times Europcar have come out best, and at my current quote I may pay the 19.99 for meet greet drive away.

Could you let us know the independent you use? as they well have slipped by me in the search's.

Ok I booked my car with Europcar, best deal ever 480 UK pounds (guaranteed price) pay on pick-up at Heathrow, Astra 1.6 five door manual for 34 days over Xmas too, that is equal to just 14 quid a day. Nobody can get anywhere near that price and does not even show up on the search engine sites.

If anybody is going to UK this year then take a look at europcar.com (not UK or AUS) and see what you can get.

Good luck and happy travels.

Ok I booked my car with Europcar, best deal ever 480 UK pounds (guaranteed price) pay on pick-up at Heathrow, Astra 1.6 five door manual for 34 days over Xmas too, that is equal to just 14 quid a day. Nobody can get anywhere near that price and does not even show up on the search engine sites.

If anybody is going to UK this year then take a look at europcar.com (not UK or AUS) and see what you can get.

Good luck and happy travels.

I hadn't thought to check Eurpocar.com, and had been checking the UK website. I'll have a look at that later. Last time we went to the UK we hired a car through 'Thrifty'. I was looking at them again for this time, but they seem to have a limited mileage clause in their T&C, which won't work as we are going to be driving up to Scotland from Kent and back. I had found a reasonable price on Enterprise (who I hadn't heard of before) but will check out Europcar again.

We booked our flights with Singapore in the end. OH wanted to go via Singapore because it is a more even split in flight time which he feels is better for the kids. Plus we know the airport now, so it is a no-stress transit! It is still a while away (six months) but I am looking forwards to our trip!

I hadn't thought to check Eurpocar.com, and had been checking the UK website. I'll have a look at that later. Last time we went to the UK we hired a car through 'Thrifty'. I was looking at them again for this time, but they seem to have a limited mileage clause in their T&C, which won't work as we are going to be driving up to Scotland from Kent and back. I had found a reasonable price on Enterprise (who I hadn't heard of before) but will check out Europcar again.

We booked our flights with Singapore in the end. OH wanted to go via Singapore because it is a more even split in flight time which he feels is better for the kids. Plus we know the airport now, so it is a no-stress transit! It is still a while away (six months) but I am looking forwards to our trip!

Europecar normally much cheaper than Enterprise but we did pick the car up in our home town rather than at the airport

Europecar normally much cheaper than Enterprise but we did pick the car up in our home town rather than at the airport

Cool, I'll have another look. We're not collecting at the airport, so that will be a saving.

Just flown Qatar.

They were okish.

Food was okay, but often only warm.

Not as much attention from cabin staff, not as many drinks etc.

Check in was good.

Flights were good.

Doha was nice, but empty, and laid out differently, but it seemed to work.

Most of the time I forgot I was on Qatar and thought I was on Emirates.

Good substitute, if the price is good.

My electronic equipment was broken on the a380, but they did try hard to resolve it. Wasn't the end of the world.

Edited by newjez

In economy on the Emirates 777 you have 10 seats across. On Singapore Airlines you get 9 seats across, Emirates have narrower seats to squeeze another person in. On routes between the UK and Australia they are a similar price in Economy. Singapore also has the added benefit of Changi Airport, transit is so easy.

Business Class price vary massively between Singapore and Emirates. However If they are a similar price for me it would be Singapore again, the business class product is similar to many airlines first class. On the 777-300ER / -200ER seat is much larger on Singapore. On Singapore the seat is nearly twice the width and all seats have guaranteed isle access. The layout on Singapore is 1 - 2 - 1 and Emirates is 2 - 3 - 2.

However the A380 is similar on both airlines, it all really depends on your routing.

Hope this helps someone.

Edited by JetBlast