Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Title
      Liked
      19 times
      Rep
      That's food for thought Marisawright
      I do drive and we intend to ship our car over so hopefully commuting will be manageable.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hi

So im new to the site and im looking for some help.

Myself and my family are relocating to Port Macquarie in September this year. My partner will be coming sooner, however I have to stay in the UK a little longer to ensure that our daughter finishes school etc.

I must say, the area looks fantastic and I cant wait to move over.

Wondering if anyone is able to help to point me in the right direction. Im really confused about the education system. Our daughter will be leaving school this year and would normally be heading to college to complete a two year course that she wants to do. Ive tried looking at the local schools on line and im not entirely sure if she needs to go back into school or can go to college, I keep finding conflicting information.

Secondly, I wanted to understand a bit more about jobs in the area, ive looked on a number of job boards and im failing to see any jobs in my area. I am a qualified and experienced Human Resources Advisor, but I cant seem to see any jobs around in that remit should I be searching for something else?

Thanks in advance for your help

Laura

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      993 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Laura1980 View Post
      Secondly, I wanted to understand a bit more about jobs in the area, ive looked on a number of job boards and im failing to see any jobs in my area. I am a qualified and experienced Human Resources Advisor, but I cant seem to see any jobs around in that remit – should I be searching for something else?
      You probably can't find any HR jobs because there aren't any.

Port Macquarie is not that big - population is about 45k - and easily half of the 45k would be retired so not exactly in need of HR advice.

The biggest employer would be the local council, the local health service and other government organisations. Most other employers would be small businesses.

To be honest, Port Macquarie is probably not the optimum town for progressing a career in HR.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      4191 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Laura1980 View Post
      Myself and my family are relocating to Port Macquarie in September this year. My partner will be coming sooner, however I have to stay in the UK a little longer to ensure that our daughter finishes school etc.

Wondering if anyone is able to help to point me in the right direction. Im really confused about the education system. Our daughter will be leaving school this year and would normally be heading to college to complete a two year course that she wants to do. Ive tried looking at the local schools on line and im not entirely sure if she needs to go back into school or can go to college, I keep finding conflicting information.

Secondly, I wanted to understand a bit more about jobs in the area, ive looked on a number of job boards and im failing to see any jobs in my area. I am a qualified and experienced Human Resources Advisor, but I cant seem to see any jobs around in that remit should I be searching for something else?

Thanks in advance for your help

Laura
      How old is your daughter? If you're thinking of something like a Sixth Form College, they do exist in the big cities but I'd be surprised if there is one in a small place like Pt Macquarie.

I'm afraid you may have to consider a change of career, as there are few large companies in or near Port Macquarie as far as I know. Seek.com.au is the main website to check for job opportunities.
      Last edited by Marisawright; 08-04-2016 at 09:25 AM.
      Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Australian husband applied for UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Australia June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12