Moving a 16 year old back to the UK.

BrisPaul

By content heavy i mean that the new GCSE courses are jammed packed as they have more topics for the students to study. I've spoken to one of the University's she has applied to and they recommended putting in the application for a student loan as they need more details. If they say she is eligible for domestic fees then the University will go with that ruling as well. Can't say I'm that optimistic!!

Hi Everyone,

We've decided after 13 years of living in Qld to call it a day and move back to the UK in August. We're doing this for a number of reasons but the most important is to be closer to family whilst they are still around. Our biggest issue is our eldest daughter who is 16 next month and how she'll fit into the uk school system. We've been told by friends she will have to re-sit her year 11 which she has just started in January (here in Oz) which although isn't ideal she is quite happy with that and so are we, BUT we've just been told she will have to re-do her year 10 in the UK aswell as the GCSE's are a 2 year study course. This will mean she will be basically kept behind for 2 years which is too much I feel.

Is this correct? I know I should just wait until tomorrow night and ring the school we are intending to put her into in September but to be honest I'm devastated and I'm hoping someone can give me something to cling to now!

we have just gone through this my son is 16. We could decide ourselves which yr group to put him into but for us made more sense to go back to yr 10 as otherwise wont get such high grades as less course work but this was in sept last yr so made it easier. If i was you i would either jump on end of yr 10 and do yr 11 sept or dont stress about it to much as you can take any a levels gcse etc at college anyway so if does yr 11 doesnt get great grades wont matter much cause can resit them at college anyway.