AMSA skill assessment VS employment history in EOI !!!!!!

smmahmud

Good day to all,

I am in very very twisted mood with my query! Can any one pls advise my below question .. .

I have submitted to AMSA my 6 years sea service documents and AMSA has given me "at least ten (10) years marine industry experience".

Problem is, when i put my sea service dates in the EOI as per company letter, it comes less than 8 years! When i called AMSA, they said that they counted the dates from the first ship till the last ship including all gaps between them.

Which dates should i put in EOI? If i follow AMSA, DIBP may not accept the unpaid gaps as work experience! But if i just put dates as per sea service, it comes less than 8 years! I called many migration agents, they cant give any satisfactory answer!!!

Pls...advise...

Regards

Good day to all,

I am in very very twisted mood with my query! Can any one pls advise my below question .. .

I have submitted to AMSA my 6 years sea service documents and AMSA has given me "at least ten (10) years marine industry experience".

Problem is, when i put my sea service dates in the EOI as per company letter, it comes less than 8 years! When i called AMSA, they said that they counted the dates from the first ship till the last ship including all gaps between them.

Which dates should i put in EOI? If i follow AMSA, DIBP may not accept the unpaid gaps as work experience! But if i just put dates as per sea service, it comes less than 8 years! I called many migration agents, they cant give any satisfactory answer!!!

Pls...advise...

Regards

You include from the day you started being employed by a company until the last day, all leave periods are included.

• 1 month later...
Thanks a lot, but if the leave is not paid, is that ok? I worked on contract basis, so some times i stayed home 3 months or 4 months.

Try this:

- enter the employment company wise

Ex:

1st Company - start with sign on first ship in this company to sign on first ship of 2nd company

2nd Company - start with sign on first ship with this company to sign on ship with 3rd company. (if this is the last company, then sign off from last ship)

This is what I have done, and havn't been asked any question by the two Case officers that have contacted me for various other information over the past 3 months.

However, can only say for sure once the visa is granted.

The important thing here to note is, how you would reaosn with the CO in an event where he/she questions you.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/jobs-careers/238200-ships-master-ships-officer-marine-pilot-essential-info.html

Take a look at this thread, hopefully you will find all of the answers you are looking for. Of course you should remember that your leave is in fact part of your employment, and whether its paid out whist you are on leave or as a lump sum before you leave the ship, you are in fact paid for that time at home, in the same way as someone in a normal job has weekends public holidays and annual leave at home.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

hello 'dnp'

i am facing the same problem (shifted too many co's).. so what was the outcome of your eoi the way you submitted?

i am planning on doing the same.

thx in advance !

vj

Try this:

- enter the employment company wise

Ex:

1st Company - start with sign on first ship in this company to sign on first ship of 2nd company

2nd Company - start with sign on first ship with this company to sign on ship with 3rd company. (if this is the last company, then sign off from last ship)

This is what I have done, and havn't been asked any question by the two Case officers that have contacted me for various other information over the past 3 months.

However, can only say for sure once the visa is granted.

The important thing here to note is, how you would reaosn with the CO in an event where he/she questions you.