January 2016 - 189 visa applicants

Theresa13

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi @Sulav Patel, I lodged the application in January'16 with 65 points and still waiting, so don't lose hope. I am still here to cheer you up :)

Thanks buddy. The uploading of documents got over in my case in Jan this year. Still waiting. I had got a call from Delhi High Commissioner in June, if I remember, following which I haven't heard, except those usual reply which many have posted in this forum thread.

But yes, I have seen people waiting close to a year. I just wish I get my grant before the Police Clearance Certificate, which is valid for a year in my case. I wish you good luck as well.

Hello all, after long wait of 8 months, finally I got the most awaited email this morning :-)

Thanks everyone for you support throughout this waiting journey. I will stay on this thread till the last person gets the grant - continuing the trend setup by @GarrySingh and @lukescotty.

Guys, I would like to know whats the next step? what are the things we must and must not do before arriving and after arriving OZ.

If you have any useful links, or can refer any threads on the forum, please do.

Thanks

Not lost anymore :)

Guest Priscilla101

Yeay.

As for what you need- where are you going?

Electrics are expensive but there are loads of free in x face book pages. Or pick up on nature strips.

Don't speed. Like seriously. It's $200 for going over. Not even funny

Hello all, after long wait of 8 months, finally I got the most awaited email this morning :-)

Thanks everyone for you support throughout this waiting journey. I will stay on this thread till the last person gets the grant - continuing the trend setup by @GarrySingh and @lukescotty.

Guys, I would like to know whats the next step? what are the things we must and must not do before arriving and after arriving OZ.

Thanks

Hey Mate,

Congratulations. I am so happy that after such a long wait, you got your grant.

Best wishes for your future.

Cheers,

Sulav

[h=3]Hey Guys,

What does this ideally show for you people ? (For those whose status is "Assessment in Progress")

This is what it shows for me:

Health clearance provided – no action required

(9495016)

[/h]All health examinations required for the specified visa subclass have been finalised. Processing of this person's visa application can now continue. This will not occur until a case officer investigates the case in line with published processing times for the visa that has been applied for. Do not contact the department about health examinations in the meantime.

Hey all..

@thelostcrab: Yo mate. Finally. Congratulations. Good to hear that. Told you you ain't be waiting for two months.

Well I'm also moving to Sydney this December. Haven't made a much research on renting a property since I'll be living with ma cousin. But the rates largely depends upon the area, and they're sky high as you inch towards downtown.

I wish best of luck for all the waiting applicants.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

Thats great news! The long wait has paid off finally. Good luck

Thanks so much @GarrySingh - Yes you were right about the expected date.

Do you have any useful links or forums posts that talks about what to do after we get the PR, please share.

I have heard we can open a bank account online.

We applied for our joint bank account in U.K. And then just went into branch to show I'd and confirm details, waited a while to get cards but was the fact the guy in the bank didn't bloody order them, the second lady did and turned up quick. We are using anz and so far so good.

Thanks. I will be going to Sydney around end of January.

Where and how do I look for a house to rent? Any suggested FB pages for households?

We are renting in Waterloo about 5-10 tube into cbd. Great location, loads going on great pub across the street already been used loads!

We Viewed loads of flats , in around this area,

check out domain.com.au and realestate.com.au but we also just walked around loads of estate agents, most have viewings mid week one day and the next again on sat, if you can go on week day less people view due to work commitments and so if they'd accept you they will sometimes cancle the next viewing day.

I'd advise to go with application already filled in if you think it's gonna be suitable and you thinks it's the one you want, as only one time slot of 15 min generally and everyone turns up the same time to view so sometimes there are 20 of you looking around the flats/houses ..its madness. And take photocopy your evidence, bank statements Id, visa letter, old bills, mortgage payments if you still have this goes in your favour. Job offers also good if you have one on arrival. The more you can show the better chance you will have, you can offer more month money up front but this is not always needed or taken account of.

Thought we would have problems as first time to rent in Sydney but we were lucky to get first two applications we applied for and ended up great flat with pool and gym included. The prices are high but no way whew are both earning its not as bad as our wages are higher than back home.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @ Charlottehill76, Thanks for the detailed response. Its definitely going to help me a lot. I have also heard from someone, Waterloo is a very nice place though very expensive. Since my wife doesn't work, probably I will have to look for a cheaper place since can't afford that. I am planning to move alone and look for a place and then ask my wife and son to come down once I find a suitable place. Some of my acquaintances told me that without having a strong bank statement, it gets difficult to rent the place. I don't know how true is that. One of my friend told me that a place can be arranged but the agency is asking for 6 months advance. The only risk is that I am paying for a place which I haven't seen and I may not like. I don't know if there are any other ways to get the place before reaching there.

L~

Hi @ Charlottehill76, Thanks for the detailed response. Its definitely going to help me a lot. I have also heard from someone, Waterloo is a very nice place though very expensive. Since my wife doesn't work, probably I will have to look for a cheaper place since can't afford that. I am planning to move alone and look for a place and then ask my wife and son to come down once I find a suitable place. Some of my acquaintances told me that without having a strong bank statement, it gets difficult to rent the place. I don't know how true is that. One of my friend told me that a place can be arranged but the agency is asking for 6 months advance. The only risk is that I am paying for a place which I haven't seen and I may not like. I don't know if there are any other ways to get the place before reaching there.

L~

In my opinion it's very important to view the place before making a commitment. Coz most of the time the real place is different than the photos you see in internet. So be careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Hey Everyone,

Hope all you folks doing great. Just messaging here to see if someone is still following this thread. Just had a thought if we could share our experiences here. Settling in and starting all over again is another mountain to climb.

About me, I am working in Macquarie Park and been living in Blacktown, Sydney. I hope all you guys must have settled well in Australia. If anyone from this thread have some issues, will be more than happy to help. Looking forward to hear from some of you.

Have a great weekend. Cheers..

Hey everyone,

It has been a while posting on this thread. We moved over in Dec and I created a separate thread on PIO to catalogue our experience and provide information for others. We have settled in Melbourne and into full time work, next target is buying a home in a few months to settle in completely

All the best to everyone

KnK

• 3 months later...