Will my TV work in Oz?

agm

Hi everyone

Will my Sony Bravia TV work in Oz? I will obviously not be using the built in freeview tuner as this clearly won't work but intend to use the hdmi or scart socket to plug in an Oz tv box of some description.

Will doing this work - or do I have to sell my TVs as well as all of my DAB radios?

Thanks

Aaron

Edited by agm

Australia work on the same electrical power generation as us, 230v 50Hz so all appliances will work. Your TV Will work but if it has freeview that part won't work. In Australia they use DAB+ rather than standard DAB which is annoying as we have a Roberts vintage DAB radio and it won't work..

There's 2 ways of getting your TV to work here.

1. Don't try and just retune the TV when you get here - it won't pick up anything. Do a complete reset from the menu (to the point where you can choose the country you are in). Some TVs will actually have Australia listed, otherwise chose Netherlands or Denmark (I think those are the two that are compatible with Australia). Then tune. You will get most channels if not all.

2. If that fails, get a freeview box from somewhere like Big W or JB HiFi. $40 last time I looked. You definitely get all the channels and far cheaper than buying a new TV.

As has already been stated, DAB doesn't work over here, only if it's DAB+.