Do Flights go up at the weekend?

adele244

I know it is a bit random, but I was looking at flights Manchester to Brisbane during the week and I saw a couple of flights (1 stop) between £785-820 per person.

I have just had another look and there is nothing under £1000 per person!!! What???

Could this be now that they are simply going up and up and book before they continue to rise? Or do they have a trend of rising during the weekends and then fall again.

I do apologise if this is a really stooopid question.

Thanks .....Adele

They may have gone up in price:cry: but could just be you need to clear the cookies on your device.

Or Try searching on a different device and see what happens.

i spent last week searching for last min flights for OH to go back to the UK, I found the same thing was happening. In the end I give the job over to an independent travel agent. She got cheaper than I could, or the likes of flight centre, sta etc etc.

$300 cheaper than what I paid last year, $700 cheaper than what I paid in 2014.

In future I will have a quick look myself for a guide price, but now happy to leave it to someone else.

They may have gone up in price:cry: but could just be you need to clear the cookies on your device.

i spent last week searching for last min flights for OH to go back to the UK, I found the same thing was happening. In the end I give the job over to an independent travel agent. She got cheaper than I could, or the likes of flight centre, sta etc etc.

In future I will have a quick look myself for a guide price, but now happy to leave it to someone else.

Does the cookies /different device make adifference? Well I never knew that!

Try it, let us know:wink:

i have no techy knowledge at all:cry: but what I found would happen was:

search net, find all prices, note the best price, go back to said best price, now not there!!

go to work, on work computer, look for best price site....yes found it again.

Good advice @fifi69, I will give that a go. Will you be visiting Sheffield whilst back in the UK ? :hug:

I've had exact same thing happen to me this week. Went to book flights today and they have gone up. I did a bit of research and read flights do go up at the weekend and best day normally to book is a Tuesday, so I will wait until then and try again.

So I shall clear my cookies, look on a Tuesday and you never know they maybe giving them away! :laugh: (We can but dream!)

Glad it wasn't just me @bell123321 thought I was going mad.

I've found it can make a difference - a few months ago I saw flights on one laptop but a few days later couldn't get the same price. I tried on a different laptop and found the orginal price. I always clear cookies and my search history (or try a different device) before booking flights or hotels

There was a programme here recently about consumer rip offs - it showed two friends who booked exactly the same flights at the same time but one got it for £20 cheaper than the other - the programme said it was probably down to their cookies and previous searches etc - crazy hey

For what it's worth, in Canada the prices can change minute to minute. I suspect it might be similar there.

in 2011 I was booking a flight to Beijing. Using very rough figures, the price was something like $1500 for the day I wanted and $1000 for the day after. I had my date/destination set into the search box for the day I wanted and clicked search again, $1500. 3rd time, $1500. 4th time, $1000. Booked it right away. After booking the price was back to $1500.

I've not seen a fluctuation that dramatic again, but I do see prices change from day to day, up and down. Pretty much any website you use here to book a flight uses the same database, so it doesn't matter much where you're booking from.

I know it is a bit random, but I was looking at flights Manchester to Brisbane during the week and I saw a couple of flights (1 stop) between £785-820 per person.

I have just had another look and there is nothing under £1000 per person!!! What???

Could this be now that they are simply going up and up and book before they continue to rise? Or do they have a trend of rising during the weekends and then fall again.

I do apologise if this is a really stooopid question.

Thanks .....Adele

I had a friend who worked in Scotland.

It was much more expensive for him to buy a flight leaving Monday to Scotland, returning Friday, than it was to buy one leaving Scotland on Friday, and returning Monday.

Never knew why. Just was.

I had a friend who worked in Scotland.

It was much more expensive for him to buy a flight leaving Monday to Scotland, returning Friday, than it was to buy one leaving Scotland on Friday, and returning Monday.

Never knew why. Just was.

That's because typically they are business people who will make the trip regardless of cost. Less incentive to offer deals. The other is the casual traveler that needs more enticing. A Monday to Monday trip will often be cheaper than a Monday to Friday trip for the same reason.