Travelling to Australia whilst 457 application in progress

chrissp

Whilst I wait for my 457 application to be processed I am aware I can travel from the UK into Australia on my existing tourist visa however this may have some risk? My e-visitor visa currently allows me to enter until 21 February 2016, I was wondering if I booked a two or three week holiday to see my partner whilst the visa is being processed if I would run into any issues.

I would check with Immigration Department (your Case Officer) - you would normally have to be in the same migration space when your visa is granted - i.e if you applied offshore you would have to be offshore when it is granted - best contact someone there. Not trying to put you off doing what you want to do just check it out first

Edited by dxboz

You can be in or out of Australia when this visa is granted and it can be granted in either place regardless of where you applied from.

The only issue I can see is that if you are in Australia when the visa is granted then you have 90 days to commence employment otherwise the visa can be cancelled under condition 8501.