47SP Offshore Partner Visa Application - Elibiligity re Evidence of Relationship

Guest jhunt66

Guest jhunt66

Background: I will be marrying my Thai finance shortly in Thailand and then she will applying for offshore partner visa. I am oz citizen who will be sponsor. After marriage we will of been together for 1 year only. She has come to oz on tourist visa for 2 weeks to meet family and I have spent 4 months in Thailand meeting family and friends. We have loads of pics, daily chats, telephone calls etc. I am concerned that we will not get visa as cannot provide evidence of relationship in terms of financial aspects and nature of household. We have no joint accounts or bills as we I live in oz and she is in Thailand so impossible to provide this evidence. She is financially stable (works fulltime) and has never asked for money however recently I have been transferring cash to her to help her out a little bit. I have purchased an air cond unit for her also. Same re nature of household, we don't live together so how can we meet criteria? Is our partner visa doomed from the get go? $7000 is a lot to blow if unsuccessful! Advice greatly appreciated!!! Note: Alternatively would we have better placed to apply for PMV and marry in Australia or will we have same issue we provision of evidence.

Pictures, daily chat logs and telephone calls don't really count for anything and are not the sort of required evidence that will be requested. They just show you chat and have been photographed together, not much more.

Off shore applications from Thailand could take a fair while. I cannot remember where they are processed, I think in Thailand.

http://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/DIAC_Prospective_marriage_visa.html

There is no quick visa route.

Reading the Australian embassy info if applying from Thailand I'd also look into the PMV as a possible option but this can take as long to process.

If a PMV is granted the applicant gets to travel to Aus, marry within 9 months and then applies for the partner visa straight after marrying. That will require evidence but obviously its a follow on application from the PMV and so provided everything is in order, should be straightforward.

Applying for an off shore partner visa is also an option I guess but you would be living apart for the duration and until she is able to enter Aus legally to live. That could be a year plus till it comes though.

Perhaps consult a reputable (check feedback on the agent/company to ensure they are decent) MARA registered agent for advice on the best course of action. I'd be wary of doing anything else until I'd gotten some advice from a good agent. As you said, its a lot of money to part with.