UK Pension + Australian Pension Be Aware

Johndoe

Update: I took Ken's advice and applied online on October 6th. I had to provide proof of income from all my UK pensions/annuities, as well as verifying my ID.

Like a vulture, I kept going onto the Centrelink site almost every day - wishing and hoping and praying! I don't know if you can stalk a website but that is what I was doing. :biglaugh:

Anyway, today I received a phone call from Centrelink. They still need a little bit more info which I hadn't previously been asked to provide - a bank statement to prove the balance.

But the good news? I am entitled to a part pension and will be receiving the first arrears payment (Oct 6th - 17th) on Friday. I will also be receiving a Pensioner's Concession Card, so I hope the concessions in this part of NSW are the full monty, so to speak.:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

I am over the moon. This will make such a difference, as the tanking pound has really hammered me.

Congratulations, that is good news for you.

We will be coming up to 10years living in Australia in July and will be applying for the top up plus anything else (concessionwise.. is that a word?).

Anything to help out with water, power and rate bills. Oh and car rego.

Mike

Edited by Mike and Connie
additional

Update: <<<<............But the good news? I am entitled to a part pension and will be receiving the first arrears payment (Oct 6th - 17th) on Friday. I will also be receiving a Pensioner's Concession Card, so I hope the concessions in this part of NSW are the full monty, so to speak.:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

I am over the moon. This will make such a difference, as the tanking pound has really hammered me.

Well done on your perseverance with CentreLink, I have also been there and done that with CentreLink but in comparison to you I/we had an easy run given that we have lived and worked in Australia for over 50 years.

It's not only the part pension but the concessions also come in handy; I think from previous discussions within this thread, not all States offer the same concessions and I think we do OK in Victoria.

Cheers.

Just a bit of a tip and I'm sure there are heaps of computer experts on board who already know this but anyhow if you want to make the £ sign hit Alt Key and then 0163 on the numerical side of your keyboard.

Cheers

Another alternative is to select both English (Australia/US) and English (United Kingdom) in your language preferences. You can switch between the two whenever necessary. The £ sign is where the # sign is on the Australia/US keyboard.