..........my Australia......!

Guest241083

• 2 months later...
It's hard to beat the almost spiritual experience of standing on top of Uluru (Ayers Rock).

I was going to say that but 1. I haven't done it, and 2. You will feel the wrath of the pc brigade who speak for but have never met an aboriginal.

I was going to say that but 1. I haven't done it, and 2. You will feel the wrath of the pc brigade who speak for but have never met an aboriginal.

It is well worth doing but something very few Australians have done. The PC is a load of tish. The reasons aborigines didn't climb the rock are firstly it is extremely arduous and dangerous. Before the installation of the chain in the initial steep section to haul yourself up and hang on to - one slip and you would tumble to your death with nothing to break your fall. Secondly there is nothing up there except a few trees and small pockets of vegetation so for people in an area so scarce in the resources of water and food it would have been stupid to expend so much energy climbing the rock. Now the NT Chief Minister who is himself of aboriginal heritage wants to encourage the climb with a cost involved to aid the local community. After all, they charge nearly $300 to climb Sydney harbour bridge. I did it nearly 40 years ago when there was no PC and no charge.