Dodgy Migration Agent?

Guest TobyOsmond

Guest TobyOsmond

Hi,

Has anyone had to deal with a migration agent names Mark Hoath? We found him through a website called http://www.ausmigrate.biz. His MARN is 0956672 (supposed to be a registration number) and his company is called Australian Migration Pty Ltd.

My issue is that I paid $8,000 for his services in October. He then gave me the details of what I needed to submit for my employee to gain a working VISA in Australia. However, once I'd gathered the documents to submit, I saw that his website is offline, his emails bounce back and his phone numbers don't work.

I also see that he has answered some questions on this forum http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/84462-subclass-886-waiting-game-3.html

My questions are:

1) has anyone used this agent before? If so do you have his contact details?

2) is there a way to get my money back? (I paid using AMEX)

3) My employee needs to start work within the next month in Aus; is this even possible anymore?

Hi, I did a search on the MARN number you provided and surname 'Hoath' but nothing came back searching the Register of Migration Agents at https://www.mara.gov.au/search-the-register-of-migration-agents/

Looks like he also traded under a few different company names / websites but none of them are online either

His ABN & ASIC details are below along with the contact information he used to register the websites.

Looking at the thread you mentioned, he hasn't posted on the thread, it looks like one of the members had copied & pasted an email from him.

hoath1.jpg

hoath3.jpg

hoath2.jpg

yes !!! me and my partner paid $10,000 in september 2015 !! last week he disappeared. the application was entered, so i assume the $7,000 was paid to migration .gov. as to the rest !!!! i have emailed migration ,gov, and they have told me to put in my own forms ! and to look at my imune account !! but Mark hoath has all my account details ???

He used to post on another forum, briefly from April to July 2015 as a registered agent.

If your visa has been lodged you can fill in the forms to remove the agent from your application so that immigration will deal with you directly.

If the visa has not been lodged surely there must be a process if they were MARA registered at the time. Shouldn't client funds for visa applications be in separate client accounts and isn't insurance required for business failure?

Doesnt look good though.

Guest Unregistered

Hi everybody, how appalling - it certainly does look like Mr Hoath has 'decommissioned' himself and gone AWOL.

I concur with the advice above to register your complaints with the OMARA. I trust they will set you on a path to a remedy.

Edited by The Pom Queen
removed signature

Hi All,

I understand that Mr Hoath's registration lapsed on Christmas Eve and we are aware of a number of people being affected. I have asked the Migration Institute of Australia to explore what may be done in this case to support victims, but just in passing the amounts which people in this forum have reported as having paid (here and elsewhere) seem wildly inconsistent with the market price of the services involved. Those who have paid by credit card may find that they're able to obtain refunds, otherwise there are no obvious solutions although fwiw he would have had to commit fraud to remove funds from his Clients' Account, hopefully it's not as bad as that.

Cheers,

George Lombard

• 2 weeks later...

Hi George, even though it was weeks ago I lodged a complaint, I received confirmation that the complaint was lodged today. I paid using my credit card. Can you please inform me as to whom I should contact to see if I can get compensated? Thanks in advance

Hi George, even though it was weeks ago I lodged a complaint, I received confirmation that the complaint was lodged today. I paid using my credit card. Can you please inform me as to whom I should contact to see if I can get compensated? Thanks in advance

I'd start with your credit card company

• 2 weeks later...

yes, he's now back on face book as a happy couple !! last time i looked ,it was all champagne ! young girls and horse racing, !!! it seames he is now a model citizen !!! , we and my partner have just put in an official complaint , as he has filled a partner visa late du to incompatance, costing us work rights $$$$ in lost wages and a possible fails visa !!! costing us $10,000 so far !

Hello everyone

it looks like the same thing has happened to me, last contact with him was by phone about six weeks ago and now nothing

I also have paid him about $8000 for visa

I hope to be able to take over the file that he lodged thru his immi account

any help or information would be greatly appreciated

yes !!! me and my partner paid $10,000 in september 2015 !! last week he disappeared. the application was entered, so i assume the $7,000 was paid to migration .gov. as to the rest !!!! i have emailed migration ,gov, and they have told me to put in my own forms ! and to look at my imune account !! but Mark hoath has all my account details ???

Hi I had the same trouble, if you contact e-service.support@border.gov.au and tell them whats happened they will be able to transfer all the files into your immi account as they did for me, hope this helps you

Hi JP and others,

The Migration Institute of Australia is happy to help you find alternative assistance if that's viable. Best to send an email to bronwyn.markey[at]mia.org.au and ask for a referral on a triage basis.

To get any funds back, contact your credit card company, or make a claim against him in the small claims court leading to a judgment debt which his PII insurer may or may not honour.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi JP and others,

The Migration Institute of Australia is happy to help you find alternative assistance if that's viable. Best to send an email to bronwyn.markey[at]mia.org.au and ask for a referral on a triage basis.

To get any funds back, contact your credit card company, or make a claim against him in the small claims court leading to a judgment debt which his PII insurer may or may not honour.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Yes I have already spoken to Bronwyn and she had provided me an agent which I still have to pay the lodgement fees $7000 and for the small claim court how to do that? I appreciate your help thank you so much.

Received a call from a Wayne Grant yesterday who was supposed to be the salesman for Australian migration, he wanted to inform me that the company had closed down and appeared to be concerned as to the state of my visa application.

he didn't sound to impressed when I informed him that I had put in a complaint to Mara or that I was lodging a small claims case against the company

needless to say I don't trust him at all and I wonder about the reason for his call.

Just wondering if anyone here has been contacted by him

Received a call from a Wayne Grant yesterday who was supposed to be the salesman for Australian migration, he wanted to inform me that the company had closed down and appeared to be concerned as to the state of my visa application.

he didn't sound to impressed when I informed him that I had put in a complaint to Mara or that I was lodging a small claims case against the company

needless to say I don't trust him at all and I wonder about the reason for his call.

Just wondering if anyone here has been contacted by him

Hi Michael

Can you PM me plz I would like to talk to Wayne Grant plz

Edited by Cerberus1

Guest Guest115110

Please ensure that you lodge a complaint with the MARA. Registered Migration Agents who don't abide by the Code of Conduct in their dealings with clients hamper the reputation of the profession. It makes it harder for clients to trust registered migration agents especially those who are trying to be genuine and truthful in their dealings with clients.

Strongly condemned.