Nice part of Devonport

Bound4Tassie

Where we live will dictated by where we can get work but I'm just trying to get an idea of areas / prices for rental. So can anyone suggest nice parts of Devonport as that is one option but I don't really know the place very well. Other options might be port sorell/ shearwater /Hawley....or more likely Turners Beach /Ulverstone . As much as i fancy hobart or huon for many reasons I think we will probably look to being nearer to family ( in laws) .

Edited by Bound4Tassie

I think anywhere near the river is nice and I have a friend who lives in Ambleside over the bridge and that's nice too. I wouldn't live in East Devonport - the other side of the river (where the ferry berths). It has a reputation for being a bit on the rough side. I take my dog over to East as there is a great place for him to run next to the sea and unfortunately there are a lot of unemployed people and a lot of petty crime over there. It does have a bit of a bad rep.

I think you said you have rellies in Ulverstone. That's a really nice little town. Devonport seems to be a shopping hub for many of the small towns around the place and farmers and their families all shop here so it gets really busy around the supermarket area in town. Also Devonport is spreading out with a few new devolopments being built.

Here is a link: the first few houses are fairly near the ocean and not far away from town at all.

http://www.realestate.com.au/rent/in-devonport,+tas+7310/list-1

I just noticed VISA GRANTED!! Congrats! :jiggy:

Edited by JockinTas

I think anywhere near the river is nice and I have a friend who lives in Ambleside over the bridge and that's nice too. I wouldn't live in East Devonport - the other side of the river (where the ferry berths). It has a reputation for being a bit on the rough side. I take my dog over to East as there is a great place for him to run next to the sea and unfortunately there are a lot of unemployed people and a lot of petty crime over there. It does have a bit of a bad rep.

I think you said you have rellies in Ulverstone. That's a really nice little town. Devonport seems to be a shopping hub for many of the small towns around the place and farmers and their families all shop here so it gets really busy around the supermarket area in town. Also Devonport is spreading out with a few new devolopments being built.

Here is a link: the first few houses are fairly near the ocean and not far away from town at all.

http://www.realestate.com.au/rent/in-devonport,+tas+7310/list-1

I just noticed VISA GRANTED!! Congrats! :jiggy:

Thanks. I'll have a look.