AHPRA application time

stevej

Hi everyone,

my my wife is almost ready to submit her application for registration to Ahpra but we noticed it states the registration year runs 1st June -- 31st May, it also says application from 1st April will have expiry 31st may next year.

Our dilema is if we apply now and she is granted within 2 months we would then have to renew again 1st June.

Should we we wait and send it off in March?

If you are applying from the UK and have not yet been to Australia/have no visa yet you will only get a letter stating you are ready to register but you will not be given your PIN, you will have 12 months (90 days by default) to show yourself at an AHPRA office to finalise the registration and get your PIN.

In the above scenario you are not fully registered until you go to an AHPRA office and thus do not need to renew your registration if they send you this letter quickly.

We are applying from uk but with tourist visa linked to passport for ID so should satisfy all ID requirements. Fingers crossed(been done this way by others).

In that case you may get the PIN straight away, if that is the case as you have suggested if you get a quick decision you will need to pay a renewal fee come June.

It took 8 weeks from start to finish for my application to come through, but I did not have a visa so did not meet the ID requirements and thus do not need to pay a renewal fee.

Yeah that's what we thought. We are hoping to get registration without visit so we can do modified skills assessment.

That was my original intention, my partner is dyslexic so didn't want to do the IELTS, in the end as we didn't have a visa and thus didn't have all the valid ID so we had to use me for the skills assessment, which took longer than I wanted, although still within our time frames!

What about if I apply now and am only due to land in Aus in December? My visa has been granted but leaving the UK in may and travelling for 7 months. Will I just have to make sure I go to the Ahpra office before Jan 2017 to get a PIN?

If you are not given your PIN straight away (due to not meeting ID requirements) then you have 90 days to present yourself, however the letter you receive says you are allowed to ask for an extension to 12 months.