Medical for 189 visa

brunettegal84

I have submitted my application to DIBP. I have a query about the medical questionnaire regarding hospital admission. Do you state each hospital admission or only if they were prolonged. How long is prolonged? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you :)

Just answer as sensibly as you can for this question.

For example, if a woman spends a week in hospital before and after childbirth, then I wouldn't consider this prolonged. But if someone spent a week in hospital following a major operation then I'd consider this to be prolonged.

I had my appendix out about 13 years ago and spent nearly a week in hospital, I ticked yes to that question and when the doctor asked me what it was for then he changed it to no.

The medical questionnaire is only generated for the medical examination, and the doctor may alter it before forwarding the full report to DIBP.

But it is important to be honest in the first instance. If in doubt, tick yes and tell the doctor why, if it's important then (s)he'll report it, if not (s)he won't.

Just answer as sensibly as you can for this question.

For example, if a woman spends a week in hospital before and after childbirth, then I wouldn't consider this prolonged. But if someone spent a week in hospital following a major operation then I'd consider this to be prolonged.

I had my appendix out about 13 years ago and spent nearly a week in hospital, I ticked yes to that question and when the doctor asked me what it was for then he changed it to no.

The medical questionnaire is only generated for the medical examination, and the doctor may alter it before forwarding the full report to DIBP.

But it is important to be honest in the first instance. If in doubt, tick yes and tell the doctor why, if it's important then (s)he'll report it, if not (s)he won't.

I had a medical for the WHV in 2013 so I think it will be the same. Thank you for your advice.