Airlines

vicky2015

I think emirates is the best..however flew with virgin australia last time,and never again,plane was quite dirty,the toilets and stuff,food and entertainment was awful too,service was rubbish aswell..etihad wasnt any better either

It does depend on the particular crew sometimes, we found Virgin Brisbane to LA return excellent, however Virgin Atlantic LA to London were absolutely disgraceful from ground staff to flight crew.

We have not flown long haul on Emirates yet (a one way from NZ-Bris excepted) as their price has never been competitive for when we have wanted to fly. Singapore has the edge but no problems with Malaysia (last two trips to UK), Cathay and Thai. We do try to avoid Qantas and BA due to several poor experiences with them but would not entirely rule them out but again like Emirates they have never seemed to be competitive on the price. We have done several around the world flights too, which have involved the likes of Swiss air, Finair, Alaska air, Air Cnada and some other American airlines, no real problems with any of them so far but Alaska Air were a stand out in quality of service at all levels.

We have also Flown Brunei and had a 4 day holiday there, but now the timings on one of the legs is not very good (something like10 hrs) and that is one of the things we are on the look out to avoid with any airline.

• 5 weeks later...

We have just booked with Etihad. After speaking to friends who have just come back flying with them said they were the "Easyjet" of long haul flights. They had previously flown with Qatar Airlines and said Etihad was a big let down.

Damn!!! Why do I always go for the cheap option!!

We have just booked with Etihad. After speaking to friends who have just come back flying with them said they were the "Easyjet" of long haul flights. They had previously flown with Qatar Airlines and said Etihad was a big let down.

Damn!!! Why do I always go for the cheap option!!

That's a bit harsh. I flew with them in October and thought they were great. The new dreamliner they have is very good. I was particularly happy with the in flight entertainment showing live sport. I was able to watch the rugby world cup which I thought I'd miss

That's a bit harsh. I flew with them in October and thought they were great. The new dreamliner they have is very good. I was particularly happy with the in flight entertainment showing live sport. I was able to watch the rugby world cup which I thought I'd miss

Emirates have that too - I watched the Big Bash :wink: Also Emirates are the only airline that has ever upgraded me to Business (I always ask, but never happened before) so they are my new favourite airline!

On domestic flights, is find Virgin beats Qauntas. The reason being seats are about the same, but virgin offer better food - on the hop Perth to Kalgoorlie Virgin serve a breakfast wrap on a morning. Q only do a muffin. On the night flight back, virgin will often give complementary booze. Q never has.

Om international, I have mainly flown Emirates. Have done about 50 flights with them each the equivalent of Perth to London and have to say I have never had a bad one.

Best flight experience to date would be the few occasions I have flown first and for obvious reasons.

Worst st flight would be London to Chillie with Iberia. Shockingly bad. I would rather swim.

Flown more flights than I care to count, work and passenger. Quite frankly as long as they get you to your destination safely, then you choose between flight times, cost, and personal preference.

Had good flights and bad flights as regards cabin service, I'm critical as an ex stewardess, Singapore rates highly on the whole.

Emirates and Etihad don't rate so highly, because their crews often lack cohesion due to the mix of so many nationalities, RBA does the best it can, Malaysian ok, but there have been concerns about the flight deck in the industry.

It all comes down to the person in charge of the cabin.

The worst flight ever from a personal experience was Emirates, as a staff passenger I was boarded late, (that's normal due to space available) I was totally ignored by the crew, sounds minor but it wasn't funny, no entertainment headphones given despite asking, pax next to me gave me his and then asked for more, no meal given to me, no explanation, again pax next to me asking what is going on? no drink offered, you would have to have been there to believe it.

As a staff pax you cannot make a fuss, the cabin crew had no idea who I was, apart from an airline staff pax,were annoyed because I boarded late? who knows. Have never been treated so dreadfully, I felt I was shrinking into my seat. Sometimes there is a problem with catering, unusual to be honest, but the norm would be a quiet word, not to just be ignored.

Have flown many other times with Emirates, mostly ok, nothing any more special than other airlines, does annoy me how far away they land from the piers, so have to be bussed quite a long way.

• 1 month later...
Friend flew to Melbourne with them recently. Modern 787 aircraft, fuel stop in Dubai then another stop in Bandar. Nothing really to do on second stop. But cheap and clean. Normal bought in contract food on first 2 sectors, not much palatable on third. They seem to have dropped prices back again to fill planes. Lets hope they stay on the route ?

When you say fuel stop in Dubai, does that mean passengers have to stay on plane and can't get off to stretch legs?

That's good I was hoping to browse through duty free shops.

It'll be a very quick browse unfortunately as you trek off, follow the sheep through security then find you departure gate and do a bit more security. There's not much time usually